• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

CRSC Approval Question

Rate this question

Shawnkatt1

Question

Hi all, 

Questions about CRSC approval rating... 

We just received an approval letter for my husband's CRSC claim, and we're trying to make sense of it. 

Under the "Verified Combat Related" section,  he was given a rating of 10% for his Fibro.  Stating it's "Gulf War Presumptive."

His current disabilitaly ratings are:

Fibro - 40%

Tinnitus - 10%

Hearing Loss - 20%

Raynauds - 40%

My understanding now,  is that the decision letter is in DFAS' hands. 

Will this 10% rating combine with his other ratings,  and increase his current retirement check? 

And,  is a 10% rating enough to offset the taxes withheld from his retirement pay,  or does it need to be a higher percentage. 

Thanks everyone! 

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

I will give this a try, even tho I dont have a clue.  

You can use a VA calculator to check how your ratings combine into a final percentage, here:

https://www.hadit.com/disability-calculator/

Im not going to plug in the numbers FOR you..you need to do it yourself, as you know better if these are bilateral or not, for example.  

There is no assurance an extra 10 percent rating will amount to ANY increase.  Often it does not. 

It looks to me like you are at 80 percent either with or without an extra 10 percent increase, but check it for yourself.  

As far as will an extra 10 percent take care of taxes, thats a rather complex question, you probably need to ask your accountant.  I have no idea what tax bracket you are in and I have no idea how much, if any, other income you earn.  

I am like you..it seems like a simple enough question..an extra 10 percent should take care of taxes, right?  Well, that may work at a resteraunt when paying for a meal, but its a mistake to think it would also work like that here.    This is probably moot, tho, because, given your ratings, an extra 10 percent would net you an additional 0 dollars per month, the way I worked this calculator.  Try it for yourself.