Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Betaseron (ms Drug) And Depression

Rate this topic

otey2171

Hi wife has had MS for 33 years diagnosed when she was 21 she is now 55 but don't tell her I told you. She also had a reaction to copaxin and stoped taking it. She has been on Betaseron for 5 years and if I did not push her to take it she would stop. The side effects she has fever chills its like having the flu also makes her real tired. The shots are every other day subcutanis (just like diabetic shots just under the skin) She recomends taking them at night. She just about recovers from one shot and its time for the next one. It is not something you want to take on a maybe diagnoses. I am not a doctor but her nero teaches at Tufts and Harvard and is one of the few doctors I have any respect for at all and he can see the leasions on her MRI. I wish I could give you better news but MS sucks. :P

Bob

I mentioned that I was recently given 80% IU T&P, 70% for depression, 30% gerd, 30% IBS, 10% shoulder, 10% ankle. I've been having neurological problems for the last 8 years. I've seen 3 different neurologists 2 civilian and 1 VA. They all have said it looks like multiple sclerosis but with out a positive MRI of spinal tap they can't give me a definite diagnoses. Last week the VA neurologist called me at home and said she is giving me a diagnoses of "probable ms" and recommended me start the ms drug betaseron. I see one of the major side effects of Betaseron is depression. I'm kind of reluctant to start betaseron and worsen my depression.

Has anyone out there taken betaseron for ms and what side effects did you suffer?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic