Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Now What Happen

Rate this question

bigjim

Question

va said my claim has left rating board and now go some where ele another review maybe

and that it would be two more weeks, is this correct, thats all she would tell me, tks big jim

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

They told me the same thing. It was in and out of rating board a couple of times before they denied everthing. It doesn't mean anything, you still have to wait to see what they say in their letter.

Guys,

Just a tip here...

When I went for my rating increase, I was told by someone (don't recall who or where) that I could expect the WHOLE process to take 3-5 years. This includes filing the original claim, , getting a decision, NODs -- if the original claim was denied -- DROs, submitting additional evidence along the way, arranging any IMOs you may need, video-hearings, appeals to the BVA, more video hearings...the whole process. If you go beyond the BVA to the CVA, even longer.

It took me 4 years to the very month...I was given a VERY accurate time-frame.

My point is, be prepared for a LONG struggle, LOTS of waiting, and be PSYCHOLOGICALLY prepared for the process, too.

So while all that is going on, you have to continue on with your life...don't put anything on hold.

Now, if you get it decided to your satisfaction SOONER, that's great, but the odds are it IS going to take LOTS longer than you think...something taking weeks or months are "short-timers."

Good luck,

-- John D.

Edited by cloudcroft

70% TDIU/P&T

Army - RVN - 1969-70 (10th Cav/4th ID, II Corps RVN)

USCG - Galveston, TX - 1976-78 (USCGC Valiant, WMEC 621)

• HadIt.com Elder

Bigjim,

I don't want to get your hopes up or anything, but it almost sounds as if they have made a decision and your claims folder went to the Post Determination Team. Maybe also for a third signature due to a possbible large retro. Claims involving retro payments of $25,000.00 or more are sent to the VSCM for a third sidgnature and can take an additional couple of weeks before the award letter is released.

Vike 17