Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The Tooth Fairy

Rate this question

Objee

Question

Last I knew my claim was at the rating board. A NOD and a 2-issue claim.

Today my state VSO told me that I had been awarded 100% sched hypothyroidism,

50% sleep apnea (BiPap), was Ch. 35 with no further exams and the ED was back

in last 2003 when I first filed to reopen. He said 1 to 2 months to get decision letter

but he'd try to speed that up.

Anybody got any feeling for just how reliable this info might be?? I'm too paranoid

to accept this info I guess, since I'm at only 10% now.

Ralph

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

<Snip>

whatever the 800 people or your vet rep says-

it is the Award letter itself or the check (my retro always came before the award letter)

that is the final word that you have succeeded.

Thanks a batch fellow vets,

Since going from 10% to 100% ++ isn't VA SOP, I was sceptical. Don't want to go through

the psychological push - pull of "It is, it isn't, maybe ...". I take enough bloody Prozac now!

Ralph

Objee,

10% to 100%...that IS pretty rare...and you are going to have one heck of a retro-check (depending on your how long ago you filed -- your EED).

Congrats (for the win, not for your disability),

-- John D.

P.S. I stopped the Prozac...didn't do anything for me.

Thanks a batch fellow vets,

Since going from 10% to 100% ++ isn't VA SOP, I was sceptical. Don't want to go through

the psychological push - pull of "It is, it isn't, maybe ...". I take enough bloody Prozac now!

Ralph

Edited by cloudcroft

70% TDIU/P&T

Army - RVN - 1969-70 (10th Cav/4th ID, II Corps RVN)

USCG - Galveston, TX - 1976-78 (USCGC Valiant, WMEC 621)

Objee,

10% to 100%...that IS pretty rare...and you are going to have one heck of a retro-check (depending on your how long ago you filed -- your EED).

Congrats (for the win, not for your disability),

-- John D.

P.S. I stopped the Prozac...didn't do anything for me.

Roger on the Prozac, John. Seems it increases risk of osteoporosis too!

I'm thinking of easing off my Prozac also.

Good to hear from another old Guard Coastie!

Ralph

CGC Cook Inlet (OSV)

LORSTA Adak

CGC Ewing

My experience has been that STATE reps are very good about getting factual information on a claim. Dont spend the money, but if it wasnt the 800 number and was actually a STATE rep then I'd bet he/she was dead on. I've never seen them wrong, but I have seen the 1-800 people wrong again and again........

Oh you said state VSO....... is this the state veterans rep, hired by the state... or a VSO rep... cause if its a VSO rep I have seen them wrong time after time....

Edited by sixthscents

Bob Smith

Oh, btw you could do a congreeional inquiry if it takes too long. They normally get straight answers as well. I used one on mine and they faxed me the decision, 2 weeks before I got it in the mail. However, I'd give it a bit and wait because you want to give them a chance to notify you.

Bob Smith

My experience has been that STATE reps are very good about getting factual information on a claim. Dont spend the money, but if it wasnt the 800 number and was actually a STATE rep then I'd bet he/she was dead on. I've never seen them wrong, but I have seen the 1-800 people wrong again and again........

Oh you said state VSO....... is this the state veterans rep, hired by the state... or a VSO rep... cause if its a VSO rep I have seen them wrong time after time....

Bob, this was the California SO one floor below the Oakland VARO. I lost my county SO to retirement so I'm dealing with the state until the county can appoint a new vets rep.

Ralph