VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Appeals Mgt. Team

Rate this question

Guest truman

Question

I have a case at the appeals mgt. team in huntington, wva. It has been there for almost a year this month.

just got back from c&p in sept. 22nd 05, now i go to heart scan and stress test on the 14th of this mo.

This dr. at the c&p on the 22nd of sept told me that these things could take years to resolve. I allso have

7 other issues on my appeal that they are waiting to make a rateings on(all completed med.work) once they receive my c-file back from the hosiptal, there in huntington. My c-file will travel across town to the appeals mgt. team once again ,which is across town, from hosiptal. Now my question is can this dr. hold up my other decisions while he scratches his butt, on this one issue ?

I have been working on this claim since 1981 with most of these issues at large, as the old saying is ive been ther done that.I am 50% sc,-& with diabetes at 40% and heart at 10%, so far, but what about all of my other things or issues ? Why wont the appeals mgt team request my claim folder back and make rateings

on the other issues pending and i could move on in my life. ? Its been about 25 years now.Who would be a good person or place to contact to get this thing moveing ? By the way i've got a gaf score of 51(took this test aug. 18th 05) and and have progressive lung diasease with blockage.These are a couple of things waiting for my rateings.

truman

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Popular Days

1 answer to this question

Truman- I strongly suggest that you go to the VA web site, click on Comp and Pension Icon, find the Query page and contact the VA-

If you put it as a Service Complaint you will get more attention that just a question-

I think it is ludicrous for the Appeals MAnagement team to have had your files for so long-

You will see a pop down box for your state- on the qury make sure they have your C file number and full name and address-

in the place where they respond- they can call you but I always ask for email reply- to get their hard copy.

Something seems wrong- The appeals Management Team had one of my vets files for only about a month- I cannot determine whatever they did with it-it went back to the VARO and it still took months for a decision-they gave him 40% for DMII and here they didnt eve consider his blindness on one eye, PN, ED, and serious heart disease (has 2 stints) all due to the DMII.

He is also on SSA for DMII.

I sure wonder what the AM Team really does -other then add more time to the claim.