VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Review Of Ptsd Cases Update (10/3/05)

Rate this question

Guest jco

Question

I'm not sure how widely dispersed this piece of information is, so I will post it here and please forgive me if it has already been posted and read. This comes from the web site military.com and their weekly update on all military issues, including Veteran's concerns. Anyway, there has been an amendment raised in the Senate to block the VA from reviewing 100% disabled PTSD vets as they are now planning. Here is the exact language I copied from their web site. I have no further information to add.

Jeff

Persian Gulf and Pentagon 9-11 Survivor

100% SC PTSD

"Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) joined with fellow Democrats Richard Durbin ( Ill. ), Patty Murray ( Wash. ) and Daniel K. Akaka ( Hawaii ) Sept. 22 on an amendment to block the Department of Veterans Affairs from reviewing case files of 72,000 veterans rated 100-percent disabled by post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). The Senate, on a voice vote, adopted the amendment to the Military Construction and Veterans Affairs Appropriation Act (HR 2528). The House version of the bill has no such language, so a House-Senate conference committee will decide its fate during final negotiations on the bill. VA officials believe some PTSD claims have been decided for veterans without proper documentation. For more information, read the article PTSD Case Review Hit."

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Popular Days

1 answer to this question

I posted it at the old board but worth posting a link again-

this is what the hoopla is all about:

http://www.va.gov/oig/52/reports/2005/VAOIG-05-00765-137.pdf

Obama and Durbin's vets were part of the unfair comp rate in their state.

I feel any vet concerned about PTSD awards should carefully read this report-wannabees are only a small part of what they intend to do-

we could all benefit for any oversight work of the Regional offices.