Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Medical Progress Notes

Rate this question

Objee

Question

I brought up keeping your C-file records current in another topic.

In discussing this with my state VSO, he told me the rating VSRs

could and did access current medical Progress Reports and lab

data from the VHA computer files.

Anybody know if this is true hot scuttlebutt or just a shining??

If it's true, then getting periodic VAMC records for your C-file

could be important. Of not, then it isn't so important.

Ralph

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

I think they rely on what is in the written (or computerized)documentation-in the medical files.

One thing however- I made sure that I sent in copies of all the VA med recs that support my claim-to include all MRI, all Blood Chem, all in hospital entries, the nursing notes, and also the progress reports which-in my case-were very critical to my claim regarding my deceased husband. I also sent in a full statement as to why these were medically probative to the claim.

In 4 years the VA has only used 3 or 4 chem reports anyhow-

I dont see them taking the time to sort through a stack to find more-

Dr Bash is only person in years who ever actually read the veteran's medical records-in my case.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Guest fla_viking

Dear Fellow Veterans & Friends

I can say for a fact. Right on the other side of that computer your Dr writes in, can be an RO ajudicator picking up the lattest entry and use it to screw up your whole life. What you say to your Dr can immeaditly be misinterpited, lied about, changed by the RO causeing years of delay.

For a coupel of years every RO ruling I got had some recent quote from my Dr about my complaints about the RO and that was used to deny benifts.

I was denied PT because I had on a T shirt that said stop VA claiims fraud. Even though I had 22 years on SSDI and 10 years in a VA and vets home as an in pt treatment. The RO gave me 1 year back pay based upon the begnining of my complaints to my Dr about the RO.

There were a number of rulings by the RO and every one of them ended up being about the RO and my complaints about them. I would say any vet who has a claim in and gets treatment at the VA should get fees basis like I do to protect them from RO abuse.

Terry Higgins

Yep they read them and use them. How else do you think they know how to get the next C&P doctor to write his opinion? After all when it comes to evidence---------med notes/opinion by NP VS med notes/opinion written by DOCTOR = rater decision that NP evidence is not probative since he is not expert MD. Med opinion written by MD is highly probative, therefore, medical evidence of record is weighted against veterans claim, claim denied.

hahahahahaha sorry guys I'm just feeling froggy tonight. Meds are really working on the ole brain!

Guest fla_viking

Dear Ricky.

Glad you are feeling frogy. You deserve a good feeling break. Do you live any where up there in the cold. In Mpls where I use to live its like -5. Here in ORlando its 65 today. For the first 10 years in Fla when it got cold up in MN and I was in 70F I felt like I should pay a fine for missing it.

One thing about fee basis. My treatments recordes are private from the RO and they cant have acess unless they get a release of informaton. Whats nice about the relese is its my trip wire warning me the enemy is out there. And I will give them what I determine they need. Todays vets have no idea when the RO is in there files looking at there claim to deny it or take it away. Thats just to creepy of a pratice for me.

Terry Higgins