Question

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

A person who is so disabled by his condition that there is no way he can seek, obtain and hold meaninful employment, therefore, his disability rating is base upon that fact and the VA is allowed to pay that person at the 100 percent level regardless of the true rating authorized in the disability rating system. That is my understanding.

• HadIt.com Elder

no that is a very different and distinct rating most VARO's will not award P&T until you have been reviewed once or twice or your are past age 55 it also depends on your doctors statements in your records, in my case my shrink has been writing for 4 years now that I am considered permanently and totally disabled by the symptoms of my PTSD regardless of the impact of my other health issues, thus the 100% P&T rating for me. When you get the CHAMPVA and Chapter 35 paperwork then you know you have P&T

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

Boy I messed that one up! Sorry Sbrewer, I thought you wanted the whole spill and not just what the letters stood for. Thanks Vike for pulling my head out of my rear. ( was typing my reply, I guess as Vike posted his as I saw no posting from Vike before I took a stab at it.)

Thanks guys for your help.

Ricky,

I hope you don't think that I over looked your response, as I too was replying to Vike's reponse at the same time you were reponding. Of course, I then shut down for the day and just got back around to checking things.

again thanks,

sbrewer