Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Locating Assistance (nso, Vso, Dav)

Rate this question

retcsgt

Question

I reside in the central coast of Calif., and looking for assistance with my claim. I have been filing for secondary and further primary, which at present time have all been denied. Psychologically, I have problems with what to do on my own. I have read different documents regarding my problems, but it seems I still hit brick walls. Looking for one or more of the above to assist me. All the ones that I have spoken with seem to disgard what I need. Please email me with replies of whom is able to help me. My email address is retcsgt@hotmail.com. Thank you

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Gather up all your documentation and letters from the VA, go to the nearest VA medical center...look up the Veterans Service Officer, every VA medical center has them.

Either the DAV, American Legion or Veterans of Foreign wars VSO. Sit down with him/her explain your problem...show them your paper work...go from there.

I do not think you are going to be able to be effective by remote control, you are going to have to go in and see a VSO and start the ball rolling.

AFret

• HadIt.com Elder

retcsgt,

Some SO's are great and really know what they're doing and some are just plain idoits. If you were to post your claim(s) information here, maybe we can be of some help.

Vike 17

You could Google your locale and put veterans representatives or service officers into the browser-

or go to the AL or DAV or VVA web sites- they all have a list of where there reps are in each state.

And if we know more we can help better here at hadit-

you are retired? 20 years plus?

A SC rating possibly will affect any retirement pay you get-

I suggest you go to Military.com and read the info as to CRDP and CRSC.

My neighbor -20 years USAF-just applied for VA comp-

however he knows that the rating will be probably too low to forfeit any of his retirement pay for-

he was non-combat-

However-the disability he has could increase and his job (at the VA) is making it worse-

thus he is establishing SC now in case he needs to leave his job due to this disability -in the future.

Mil.com has the explaintion of these two programs that affect retirees.

(I forgot- I posted all he info at hadit too- it is available under he search feature.)

Edited by Berta