VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Oxygen Delivery

Rate this topic

Guest rickb54

Guest rickb54

Wow, I can't believe it the VA sure worked quick this time.

I called them Friday 2 Feb , and informed them my Fort Gordon doctor put me on oxygen. I asked them to take over care since my condition is service connected and I did not want to get stuck with copays..

I just received a call to inform me that a contractor will call me today with an attempt to make delivery tomorrow.

I am not to happy being on oxygen, in fact I kind of felt that my army doctor was overreacting... but since the VA doctor has looked over my medical records and agreed that I should be on oxygen.. I guess I will stay the course.

I was told that there is a possibility that I could come off it in three or four months, if my lungs get stronger.. but that it is more likely that I will be on oxygen for the duration....

Well others have it worse than me.. so I guess I'll just keep on keepng on.......

And for those of you that smoke.. (I was not a smoker, I had asthma with lung infections, that caused my problem) You beter get off the cigarettes because it is no fun to be tied to a 50 foot oxygen tube in the home, or to have to carry a bottle with you every where you go..... and forget about golf.. and all the sports and stuff cause those days will be gone forever......

Ok, I am off my soap box now go back to work!

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Popular Days