VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

va is requesting a 1151 development to VAMC

Rate this question

clack1962

Question

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Did you ever get treatment or any pathology work done at the Fayetteville VAMC????

I am a successful 1151er and never saw anything from VA like that before- except when they had to send letters to hundreds of veterans when they found their Fayetteville VAMC pathologist was working at VA while severely impaired. He is in prison now.

3 hours ago, Berta said:

Did you ever get treatment or any pathology work done at the Fayetteville VAMC????

I am a successful 1151er and never saw anything from VA like that before- except when they had to send letters to hundreds of veterans when they found their Fayetteville VAMC pathologist was working at VA while severely impaired. He is in prison now.

No, i only got signed up for health care there, could it be that i had hypertension during treatments and exams but they only noted the BP readings and did not diagnose me or give me treatment for hypertension ? that was what the BVA judge wrote in the remand back to the VA ?

Can you give us the docket number of the BVA remand?

Or scan and attach it here?

BVA decisions are public but they never identify the veteran.

It might have to do with the HBP readings.

I won a HBP 1151 claim but I proved my husband was a victim of malpractice because he was never properly diagnosed or treated for multiple conditions,and all were found to have caused and contributed to his death. Many times the VA doctors could have taken steps to diagnose and treat him properly ,but they never did.

Are you now or were you ever a VA employee?

That was part of the problem, and their motive (within VA Physician's M21 ) for my husband's highly negligent care.

I went back to your prior posts and found the remand info but not the Docket #

and it says hypertensive vascular disease and also diabetes were on remand among other things.

I am not a doctor but obviously hypertensive heart disease  comes from hypertention.

Also the diabetes  can cause vascular disease and also HBP,  if the diabetes affects the heart-

I don't see the 115l issue in the past past screen shot from the VA.

The actual remand will help us more to figure this out.

https://community.hadit.com/topic/82299-tdiu-and-claims-on-appeal/page/4/

I agree with you that the HBP is definitely a 1151 issue at this point.

Have you received a formal diagnosis of the hypertensive vascular disease and the Diabetes?

I needed to clarify something I posted above- with a good medical resource:

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/diabetes/diabetes-and-high-blood-pressure

In part:

"High blood pressure is twice as likely to strike a person with diabetes than a person without diabetes. Left untreated, high blood pressure can lead to heart disease and stroke. In fact, a person with diabetes and high blood pressure is four times as likely to develop heart disease than someone who does not have either of the conditions. About two-thirds of adults with diabetes have blood pressure greater than 130/80 mm Hg or use prescription medications for hypertension.

I was never a va employee, Hbp was diagnosed by my private Doctor 1995

Docket No. 19-28 747

Service connection for hypertension
Under 38 C.F.R. § 4.104, Diagnostic Code 7101, hypertension
means diastolic blood pressure predominantly 90mm. or greater, or systolic
pressure predominantly greater. The Veteran had two blood pressure
readings in service which meet these criteria. In October 1983, blood pressure was140/90. In December 1991, blood pressure was 128/91. However, in both cases,
the Veteran was being treated for other health concerns, and hypertension was not
diagnosed in either instance. However, no VA examiner has addressed these
findings in determining the etiology of the Veteran's hypertension. A supplemental
opinion should be obtained.
Service connection for headaches
The Veteran is competent to report experiencing headaches. He contends that these
headaches may constitute an "undiagnosed illness" associated with service in
Southwest Asia. A May 2016 VA examination diagnosed headaches of unknown
etiology. A December 2016 disability benefits questionnaire (DBQ) submitted by a
private physician suggested that headaches were associated with hypertension.
The rating criteria for the Veteran's service -connected fibromyalgia also
contemplate the presence of headaches.
An additional examination is necessary to clarify the etiology of the Veteran's
headaches.
Service connection for a gastrointestinal disability, psoriasis, diabetes mellitus,
hand tremors, pes planes, left ear hearing loss, and tinnitus
Higher rating for right ear hearing loss
TDIU
The remaining issues on appeal must be remanded because the Veteran identified
potentially relevant outstanding private treatment records as part of his July 2020
TDIU application. A remand is required to allow VA to request these records.
As discussed above, the Veteran has claimed service connection for a
gastrointestinal disability, but erosive gastritis show in treatment records is part of
the rating criteria for cirrhosis of the liver and should not be considered a separate
disability. The claim is being remanded for consideration of any additional
gastrointestinal disability that may be present in the private records sought on
remand.