Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sleep Apnea

Rate this question

yelloownumber5

Question

Would it be wise to file my claim after the first results for positive Sleep Apnea or do I need the second Sleep Study and issuance of the CPAP prior to my claim.

My ENT does not want to schedule me for my second sleep study for issuance of the CPAP until 6 weeks after I undergo the turbinate reduction procedure. Time usually ends to more time with things just getting in the way of things.

I had the Septosplasty proceducre while on active duty, there should be entries claiming of daytime fatigue thus the reason for Septoplasty but never diag. with SA until a few years after retirement.

Thanks Much,

Yelloow#5

Edited by yelloownumber5

• Answers 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I was medically retired in feb07. 15 years active, 5 years ARNG. I have a line of duty for sleep apena and had a cpap machine approved from tricare. When I retired I called the va and had them set me up with an appointment for a cpap and they saw me and issued me one. I have a claim in for sleep apena and other problems that were cause by my deployment to Iraq. Do you think a LOD, and the machine they gave me will lock me in to 50%? Or can thye take me cpap machine away and make me pay for it.

what the heck is going on with this site?? I just read and posted a comment and within two minutes people are arging with each other?

This is my first post since I was cut down concerning my status at the va because I maybe was put to the front beacuse I was in Iraq? I was afraid to post.

You guys are scaring me away along with alot of others I am sure. Yeah I am new but I have read this for over a year with a lot of success. There are a lot of new vets that need you help? I feel as though I am getting low-balled!

a brother is a brother is a brother

a veteran is a veteran is a veteran

Thanks,

Just paranoid that they will charged me for the cpap . Can they do that?

I am not sc for it yet but, the dr at the va said I was sc because the travel lady said I needed that to get travel pay to the va!

I live 95 miles from the va, i did not know about travel pay until the seceratary said that i did

Thanks to the numerous responses to my question.

Even sorting through the obvious occasional dispute events here on Hadit; I have benefited.

In testimony to that I submit that; With the advise from so many my life and existance has been lifted. I've found help with my PTSD, Hearing loss, Tinitis.

Started out by my self with zero knowledge and you folks have given me the courage to seek help that otherwise was forcing me down a path we all have considered. With your help, I've learned to swallow my pride and reach up to gain help.

I've even been fortunate to gain 60% Service Connection and continue to, with your help, try to gain what I previously had thought I didn't deserve.

I don't post much but I read with interest, all of your posts.

Your kindness and concern is appreciated to the point that I can tell you all that, had I not gained some computer savy and found hadit.....this page would void of my thank you note and possibly filled with my family's questions related to DIC.

Thanks to all my brothers and sisters.

Don