Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sleep Apnea Appeal

Rate this question

chiefhouse00

Question

Greetings

I'm concern that my NOD will be denied again for Sleep Apnea. The appeal (NOD submited Sep 04) is currently being reviewed by a VA Appeals Officer and a SOC is being prepared. What are my options?

Best Regards

Chiefhouse

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

As everyone has told me many a time, it's always a good idea to have your own IMO, another suggestion could be how is your Sleep Apnea service connected and how well is it documented in your records. Have you had a Sleep Apnea study done by the VAMC or by a C&P and what were the results?

Jim S. B)

Greetings

I had only one sleep study which was conducted at Walter Reed in 2004. No VAMC or C&P sleep study. It was denied the first time because my medical records had nothing in it about sleep apnea. I appealed (NOD) and provided more medical data and said that my sleep apnea was misdiagnosed and maybe linked to my other aliments, which I listed. It’s been over a year now and no response. That’s why I ask the question, what are my options if it is denied again. Could my sleep apnea be secondary to my high blood pressure, back problems, sinus problems, asthma, fatigue and nerve problems... just to name a few or just misdiagnosed while treating the other aliments...I just don't know.

Best Regards

Chiefhouse