Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Old Problems Become New Again

Rate this question

Jerry_O

Question

I'm a newbie on this site - please indulge me.

I retired in 1988 and since have been recalled to active duty twice. I got out again in August 06. While on active duty I had a heart attack and stent replacement. Prior to my last recall I was 40% disabled. PTSD (30%), skin condition and Tinnitus (20%). Service connected (Vietnam Radio Operator)

I put in a claim via VFW representative in August and still have not heard from VA. In addition to the heart attack I put in a separate claim for Increase for PTSD, Neuropathy, Hypertension, ED, and Cataract.

During my latest active duty time I worked in Casualty and Mortuary Affairs, Department of the Army. I am claiming that my heart attack was associated with my PTSD. Has anyone had any experience with clamming PTSD or heart attack associated or secondary to each other?

I know VA claims is a waiting game but come on, this was all documented in my official medical records while on active duty.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Jerry

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Guest jangrin

Jerry O,

Yes there are many here at Hadit that can give you direction regarding PTSD, heart attacks etc. But I think you should re-type your question and post it in the "Claims Research" thread. You will have many more responses from the very knowledgable folks than in this section.

People can be really busy and sometimes they only check the "claims questions"

Also have you been checked for DMII, yet? You might need to check your med records and look at lab testing results. It could be that you might be a "borderline diabetic", especially after being exposed to AO while in RVN.

I am sure you will get much help from the folks here at Hadit. Hang in there and THNAK YOU for your sacrafice and your service.

Jangrin

Edited by jangrin

How is your blood pressure now vs then - was your heart attack due to your military service - you said you had a stint replaced? How is it that the Army recalled a disabled veteran - one with a service connected disability? Any benefit you claim will be scrutinized by the VA.

How is your blood pressure now vs then - was your heart attack due to your military service - you said you had a stint replaced? How is it that the Army recalled a disabled veteran - one with a service connected disability? Any benefit you claim will be scrutinized by the VA.

I take blood pressure meds now. I didn't have hight blood presurre going back in. I retired in 1988 and was recalled in 1991 and the last time Aug 04 through Aug 06. The heart attack and stint replacement happend while I was on active duty. I had disability for PTSD, Skin disorder and tinnitus prior to recall. I don't know why they would scrtinize an unassociated problem - but then again I have been wrong before. I did file for and received disability for diabetes since I an a vietnam vet and was awarded 20%. I'm 60% now. I will be filing in addition to the heart attack, PTSD increase as I believe it is secondary to my heart attack and some other illness associated with diabetes. Have you heard of anyone filing claims after recall?

Thanks.

Jerry

I take blood pressure meds now. I didn't have hight blood presurre going back in. I retired in 1988 and was recalled in 1991 and the last time Aug 04 through Aug 06. The heart attack and stint replacement happend while I was on active duty. I had disability for PTSD, Skin disorder and tinnitus prior to recall. I don't know why they would scrtinize an unassociated problem - but then again I have been wrong before. I did file for and received disability for diabetes since I an a vietnam vet and was awarded 20%. I'm 60% now. I will be filing in addition to the heart attack, PTSD increase as I believe it is secondary to my heart attack and some other illness associated with diabetes. Have you heard of anyone filing claims after recall?

Thanks.

Jerry