Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Many Are Waiting?

Rate this question

Scottyp65

Question

Just wondering how many of you out there are in the same boat as I am? Oh what boat.... the good ship lolly pop I suppose. To be a bit more exact I will review with you the saga. Please understand I am NOT complaining, just wondering at how efficient the GOV't can be is all. I received a letter in the mail a few weeks ago on how the CRSC/CDRP pay I was paid has been recalculated and that I was to be the proud receipient of a bit of back pay and that it would be on the way within the next ten days. So you can imagine there is a bit of anticipation. But we know and have learned patience with the VA and how they work right? So I waited until this morning which is 3 weeks since receiving the letter. I was told "the letter went out to early, by mistake, and they are working on getting the checks out. The wait will be 30-60 days, and there is no further way to resolve the issue." I actually felt compassion for the guy answering the phone, can you imagine what it must be like to work that phone line, which seems to have been set up explicitly for the purpose of answering the same question, Where is my check. Oh and the fellow said there were THOUSANDS of people involved in the "Great VA Wait of 07!" I suppose they are going to wait until after Tax day.

Hmm wonder how it would work if the situation was reveresed and we neeeded to send a check into the Govt? Naw, I think I know the answer to that one:)

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Scotty dont feel too bad-

CRSC was totally snafued from the beginning-

the fault was not on VA in most cases- but on the branch of the Mil that had input into the CRSC claim-

what a mess it was-when this program first got off the ground.

I was surprised- I thought the military did everything in a perfect way-

(yeah right)

I have posted in the success area on this if you would like an update. Bottom line is I will get a check from DFAS from the DoD side of the house to go along with the one I just received from the VA yesterday. The one from DFAS will be delayed by up to 60 days as they are working on a large backlog and don't have the funds yet. Or whatever the reason is. This is one time where the VA bested the services!!