Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hip arthritis

Rate this question

Jim412

Question

Anybody claimed arthritis in the hip area? I’m already rated for low back and Radiculopathy. Would it be a pyramid situation if successful? Been going to the VA chiropractor for a month now and he determined arthritis in neck and hips. Raw number is 90 and debating whether or not to try to try for 100.

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

On 4/11/2023 at 3:54 PM, pacmanx1 said:

It depends on what disability or disabilities you list on your VA 21-8940 TDIU Form. Yes, it is possible that the VA may review all your disabilities to determine if they can grant you TDIU but based on your TDIU form they are required to only review those specific disabilities you list. The VA tries to consider any disabilities to see if they can raise a veteran’s rating to award TDIU, but you never know until you file a claim and once filed it is up to the rated. Unless the VA can prove that a particular disability has improved beyond normal conditions, your claim should be either approved or your decision would remain the same.

When I filed my TDIU form the VA sent me to a C & P exam and asked the medical examiner to give a medical opinion if my disability caused me to be unemployable. The medical examiner filled out a separate DBQ stating that my disability interfered with my work environment and my daily activities and would definitely interfere with my ability to attend work. Since I already had a DBQ of my disability the medical examiner opinion stated the exact same thing as my disability DBQ, so I had two DBQs stating that my disability precluded employment.

Thanks. All my stuff is static and the Rater opined that I would miss approximately 4 months of work per year with my other stuff.