Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Claim Exam

Rate this question

Ethereal1971

Question

I took my claims exam on September 25th. Today october 12th the examiner hasn't submitted the report to VA. So i reached out to LHI now Optumserve and they told me the provider hasnt sent them the report after reaching out to the provider several times. Should I be worried? Will VA make a decision without the report? 

Also va asked me for medical evidence ( BTW I submitted it when I filed the claim) after the exam. Is this a normal practice 🤔?

Also, I filed this claim in October of 2022

Thanks in advance for any advice. 

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

2 answers to this question

• Community Owner

It's not unusual for them to take a month to send it in. And the letter is a standard notification form letter that you have 30 days to submit more records even if you have submitted them. If it takes more than a month I would call the White House Hotline 800-799-7233.

So many variables.  I was this year within 6 weeks awarded by VARO 60% for GERD, 10% for Tinnitus and 0% for Agent Orange Nam Hypertension (HTN).  All separate exams conducted by QTC and they immediately sent results to the VARO raters.

Also a year ago I attended C&P exams with LHI for heart disease increase claim and it took a longer amount of time for them to send info to the VARO.  However within that same year the BVA granted me an increase from 30 to 60% on my appeal for the heart disease increase. So their delay did not harm me.

I suspect the amount of workload for each examiner determines how quickly they send in the results to VARO.

combinededitedcroppedperkins507thDustoffmedevacUH-1Hrescuehoist.jpg.66e9e75bebf35a15ff490302ec523268.jpg

Edited by Dustoff1970