Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

upcoming telehealth MH & cognitive C&P exam

Rate this question

Ufrustrated2

Question

i have a telehealth MDE exam soon due to a claim that was filed.  looks like the exam is for depression, psyc dx, and cognitive assessment, through the years and currently.

it's been quite a few years since i've had one of these and back then they were in person.

any advice and/or tips for these modern telehealth MH appts?  what to expect?

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Handle yourself as you would in an in person C&P exam and just like an in person C&P exam offer to show them any medical proof evidence to support your claim.  You can do this by sending it via fax or email.

For example at the request of a QTC C&P examiner I sent him an email of my recent high blood pressure read outs to him for his concluding the hypertension exam for my claim and I was successfully serviced connected for this HTN disability in short order.

It is an optional decision by the examiner as to whether or not they will look at your offered evidence or accept it for later review.  Some will and others will not.  It is their choice.  I have over 30 years had great success in submitting my supporting medical evidence to the examiners at the exams with some keeping the evidence and others reading thru it then returning it to me on the spot.

When the examiner ask how you are doing then don't say you are doing fine or okay.  That would be dumb.

My comment is not legal advice as I am not a lawyer, paralegal or VSO.

combinededitedcroppedperkins507thDustoffmedevacUH-1Hrescuehoist.jpg.66e9e75bebf35a15ff490302ec523268.jpg