Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

chronic sinusitis

Rate this question

Donald1985

Question

I'm 90%. I'm 70% insomina 50% sleep apnea 30% migraines and 10% Tinnitus. I've been to a Pact Act screening and was serviced connected for chronic sinusitis based on serving in the TERA. Should I file a claim for chronic sinusitis secondary to my serviced connected sleep apnea or file chronic sinusitis as a presumptive to the Pact Act?

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• Adminstrator

I would file for it.  You can fill out a Lay Statement, and guide them to this.  I would not try to tell them how to connect it.  Now you can mention in your Lay Statement that in the pact act it is a presumtive(This is how I got connected).  They could do it secondary to something else, and they will make that change if they find another way to link it.

I have seen it go both ways.  Give them all the facts and try to guide it, but don't be supprised if they change it on you.  

• Community Owner
15 hours ago, Donald1985 said:

I'm 90%. I'm 70% insomina 50% sleep apnea 30% migraines and 10% Tinnitus. I've been to a Pact Act screening and was serviced connected for chronic sinusitis based on serving in the TERA. Should I file a claim for chronic sinusitis secondary to my serviced connected sleep apnea or file chronic sinusitis as a presumptive to the Pact Act?

I would point out just because you have been PACT ACT screened DOES NOT MEAN YOU ARE SERVICE CONNECTED. You can only get service connected if you file a claim for it. The screening is to only identify if you might have one of the PACT ACT issues,