Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Aid And Attendance

Rate this question

windy city

Question

I was accepted in the VA ILP but when I went to see the counselor she told my wife that she needed to apply for A&A because she is sick. I recieave A&A, but the question that haves me wondering is she suppose to apply for monetary compensation or is it that they will send somebody to the house to help here. I just need some clarification on this issue, because my counselor is note going to be in her office for a while.

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Yes, her SSDI started 12/1/99. We applied for A&A soon afterwards, they 'lost' her application for about 3 months. After the paperwork was 'received' they approved her within the month. She is thyroid CA, failed c5-c6 neck fusion, diabetes, arthritis, periphal neuropathy, and clinic depression. She has an interthical pain pump with diluded (7.3 mg/day) mixed with bupivacaine for the stenosis. Her diabetes (blood sugars) run about 350 - 600. She cannot walk and is in bed 24/7 on oxygen.

Edited by Rich T

IC/1 Navy, 100% Schedular + SMC, Shellback, Blue Nose, Crossed International Dateline and Prime Meridian.

II Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."

Yes, her SSDI started 12/1/99. We applied for A&A soon afterwards, they 'lost' her application for about 3 months. After the paperwork was 'received' they approved her within the month. She is thyroid CA, failed c5-c6 neck fusion, diabetes, arthritis, periphal neuropathy, and clinic depression. She has an interthical pain pump with diluded (7.3 mg/day) mixed with bupivacaine for the stenosis. Her diabetes (blood sugars) run about 350 - 600. She cannot walk and is in bed 24/7 on oxygen.

To keep her encouraged I give away her Gospel album that she made before her illnesses began. I'll attach one song here, anybody who wants an album just e-mail me and I'll either attach all 10 to seperate e-mails, or mail you one USPS.

Rich T,

Thanks for answering back. Did your wife filed any for va forms and was she given a C&P exam for her A&A. Any information will help me and my wife with this subject. She was approaved SS as of DEC. 06.

Rich T,

Thanks for answering back. Did your wife filed any for va forms and was she given a C&P exam for her A&A. Any information will help me and my wife with this subject. She was approaved SS as of DEC. 06.

Can anybody tell me what are the proper steps for filing for spousal A&A and what is going to happened once she files for it.

No C&P by VA. The PCP fills out the standard 21-2680 attached.

IC/1 Navy, 100% Schedular + SMC, Shellback, Blue Nose, Crossed International Dateline and Prime Meridian.

II Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."

21_2680.pdf

Rich T,

Thanks for the information, I got the form any my wifes Doctor filled it out. But section 2. which ask for the va file number do I need to put my ssn or my wifes ssn. Thanks.