Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Aid And Attendance

Rate this question

windy city

Question

I was accepted in the VA ILP but when I went to see the counselor she told my wife that she needed to apply for A&A because she is sick. I recieave A&A, but the question that haves me wondering is she suppose to apply for monetary compensation or is it that they will send somebody to the house to help here. I just need some clarification on this issue, because my counselor is note going to be in her office for a while.

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

OK I can help, and am willing to work both issues but I'll have to take a bit... I am working another claim right at the moment and the research on its going to take a while. I will get back to you tonight or tomorrow.. sorry for the delay, but I have to work this stuff in order unless theres an emergency... so check back late tonight or tomorrow during the day. I've actually got to get off Hadit and get busy with this as its something someone asked me to do today.

Bob Smith

OK I can help, and am willing to work both issues but I'll have to take a bit... I am working another claim right at the moment and the research on its going to take a while. I will get back to you tonight or tomorrow.. sorry for the delay, but I have to work this stuff in order unless theres an emergency... so check back late tonight or tomorrow during the day. I've actually got to get off Hadit and get busy with this as its something someone asked me to do today.

Great, if you want to give me your E-mail, si I can write to you and let you know whats going on with me and talk about my disabilities for which it will give you some knowlede about my situations. Thanks brother and God Bless You.

Great, if you want to give me your E-mail, si I can write to you and let you know whats going on with me and talk about my disabilities for which it will give you some knowlede about my situations. Thanks brother and God Bless You.

Too easy: sixthscents@hotmail.com ... or sixthscents2@hotmail.com

I'll get on it tonight..

No problems its what I and others here do... so I am glad to be able to help. If you want to thank someone, thank T-Bird. This board has helped literally thousands of vets, and it is her baby. She brought us together, and manages to put up with some of the "squabbles"... so, rest easy we are here to help.

Bob Smith

My wife gets spousal A&A. It has nothing to do with your rating. Some VAMC's will send home heath care. Our's did in PA but here in FL they laughted at me when i asked they said that's what u get your comp for. Medicare sends a home care nurse for her but only for health care not light housekeeping, as in PA

IC/1 Navy, 100% Schedular + SMC, Shellback, Blue Nose, Crossed International Dateline and Prime Meridian.

II Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."

My wife gets spousal A&A. It has nothing to do with your rating. Some VAMC's will send home heath care. Our's did in PA but here in FL they laughted at me when i asked they said that's what u get your comp for. Medicare sends a home care nurse for her but only for health care not light housekeeping, as in PA

Sixthscents,

Let me know if you recieaved my e-mail. I had to resummited this morning because I left the s out after thr t and it got kicked back to me. Thanks.

Rich T,

When your wife got approaved A&A, was she recieaving Social Security. How did the process once she placed her form requesting A&A. Let me know please.