Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Now I Am Really Cornfused!

Rate this question

RockyA1911

Question

For those that recall I had a IU claim pending since 5 July, 2005 which was deferred by the Tiger Team in Cleveland in Jan '07. (My claim was farmed out by my Chicago, RO to Cleveland Tiger Team). When I inquired about the deferred I/U of the Chicago RO back in early March, they stated they had just received my file back from Cleveland and would look it up.

On 16 March, the VA via IRIS stated my claim was pulled and sent to the rating board. On 22 March, I received IRIS response stating that a decision had been made and I would receive the decision by mail in a few weeks.

I talked to the VA this morning and was told the decsion was to send my file back to Cleveland Tiger Team for rating. It also had the NOD over math error in calculating skull loss and a CUE for EED for skull loss.

So the whole mess (meaning my C-file) keeps going back and forth between my RO Chicago and the Cleveland RO (Tiger Team).

Since the VA farms out claims a lot, does that mean all NODs etc always go back to the farmed out agency that rated the claim for review instead of the RO that has jurisdiction of me such as Chicago.

Does this stuff seem right?

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Rocky:

No matter where it is farmed out it will eventually return to the VARO it started from. Even BVA grants will go back to VARO of origination.

If I were you I would read up on the Writ of Mandamus Threads.

Good Luck