VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Status

Rate this question

Testvet

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

like I said call me back or see me in your office but they are going to talk to me, I went to the VARO and saw the SO, he pulled up the appeals screen and it showed three listings Form 9 BVA Traveling board, a SSOC and a NOD, I have 3 recent C&P exams that should SC my heart problems and my PTSD at the P&T rate, then they can drop the rest of it, I don't think prosriasis is going to kill me, if it does it will be a first and I an tired of fighting with these peoole it's either going to be my heart or an OD that gets me, so why worry about the minor issues. I don't need that much boredom relief. But yea everything is still on go, I did make him question why they are still using my old address to mail stuff to when the computer shows I changed it in Nov 2005. Go ahead and mail something to the old address that does not get forwarded I keep in contact with the DAV all the time anyway. I know how stuff gets left in the old mail box and the new tenant throws it in the trash I use the be a mailman lol

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Never give up TestVet. I am sad now that I don't have much to fight with the VA about. I fought with everybody all my life and now there are no more battles to fight.

• HadIt.com Elder

I was thinking about that today on the way home John, this is all I have done for the past 4 years since becoming disabled is fight for my benefits, I have worked since I was 13, what in the world am I going to do now, I guess I can ride the power chair down to the boat docks and fish off them, but where will the excitement be, at least getting mad at the VA gives me something to focus on. Whats life going to be like with out that?

testvet: I don't know what you plan to do, but the first think I am going to do, depending on whether thier is sufficient funds in the first check, I'm going to Sea Workd firts, then the Sea Aquarium on Canner's Row at Monterey, Then if I can get a close friend of mine to come along as my attendant, I am going to Disneyland in Florida for awhile or until I have seen everything I can, or my Friend has to get back home and work, or my money runs out. In otherwords, I am going to try and have some fun, at least give it my best try.

If that is not an option, then I am going to do something here at home that will make my life a bit more easier for me, suck as, finish my wheelchair ramp in the front and build one for the back door, then build a Garage that I can use to work on my motorcycles when I am in the mood and out of the the changing weather here.

I might even take up tieing fishing flys. One thing I am deffinantly going to do, is see if their is another Vet I can help get the benefits they are intitled to. but one thing I am not going to do is wonder what I am going to do next.

You and I know all this means nothing unless you try things, given the boundries of your disability. I have more days down than I do up, and days I wonder if I can make it through the day without loosing it all for the last time, but when one door closes, another door is either open or waiting for you to just open it. Reach out and turn the door knob and see what is on the other side, it may be something you like and will fill the days you have left.

Jim S. :P

• HadIt.com Elder

Jim S I wish you have lot's of fun, I bee to all those places and have the T Shirts, I took Basic at Fort Ord and went bak in 82 to get out of the Army NTC did not have a Personnel office then, but I plan on buying a home on a pond and finally create a home, I just mean, after always having something to do it's going to be boring. I don't travel well any more due to the power chair, I can't walk far without it. Traveling use to be one of my greatest passions, as a kid we spent every summer taveling to a different section of the US visiting every National Park and tourist trap from North to South and East to West, having an old Dad was different but since he retired when I was 8, it gave us an education that could not be taught from books. I wish I had the energy to do that for my grandkids but that is not to be. Have fun