VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Kudos To The Va - The System Does Work

Rate this topic

gouch

Hi All,

I retired from the AF in Mar 05. My major ailments were sleep apnea, gouty arthritis, HYT, T2DM etc...

Prior to retiring, I made 3 copies of my medical records. For those of you still on active-duty DO NOT rely on the base hospital to give you an accurate copy.

I spent a month or so preparing my claim & submitted it in Apr 05.

My C&P exam was sched conducted in June 05.

In Nov 05 I received word I was rated 80% - I was estatic.

After reading the ruling I noticed they'd deferred several of my claims (joint pains from gout) until another exam could be accomplished. That exam was conducted in Jan 06.

I received word last week that I was rated 100% T&P - A great day!

I just wanted to let some of you know the VA is not as bad as they are (at times) made out to be. Like any institution this size, there are good & bad employees. The people I encountered fell mostly in the former category.

Ok, enough about me. I do have a question or 2:

1. Is there a master list of benefits/services available for 100% T&P Vets?

2. Does anyone have any 1st-hand experience with vocational re-hab? ie... obtaining college degree?

Thanks

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Gouch:

Good for you and a timely claim made within the first year of separation frmo the Military is often times settled quickly and fairly.

However, most of the fokes on Hadit waited until after the year when VA is easier and more friendly and have to deal with the consequences.

Don't get me wrong in miracles like your where you got 100% in less than a year offer hope for all.

Enjoy your retirement.

Hi All,

I retired from the AF in Mar 05. My major ailments were sleep apnea, gouty arthritis, HYT, T2DM etc...

Prior to retiring, I made 3 copies of my medical records. For those of you still on active-duty DO NOT rely on the base hospital to give you an accurate copy.

I spent a month or so preparing my claim & submitted it in Apr 05.

My C&P exam was sched conducted in June 05.

In Nov 05 I received word I was rated 80% - I was estatic.

After reading the ruling I noticed they'd deferred several of my claims (joint pains from gout) until another exam could be accomplished. That exam was conducted in Jan 06.

I received word last week that I was rated 100% T&P - A great day!

I just wanted to let some of you know the VA is not as bad as they are (at times) made out to be. Like any institution this size, there are good & bad employees. The people I encountered fell mostly in the former category.

Ok, enough about me. I do have a question or 2:

1. Is there a master list of benefits/services available for 100% T&P Vets?

2. Does anyone have any 1st-hand experience with vocational re-hab? ie... obtaining college degree?

Thanks

Gouch:

Good for you and a timely claim made within the first year of separation frmo the Military is often times settled quickly and fairly.

However, most of the fokes on Hadit waited until after the year when VA is easier and more friendly and have to deal with the consequences.

Don't get me wrong in miracles like your where you got 100% in less than a year offer hope for all.

Enjoy your retirement.

It's great that it went that way for you, the only reason though is because of the new process that they are doing now when you retire they are automatically rating your disability so you don't have to go through years of hell with VA. But trust me when I say that they can be your worst enemy at times, it takes some years of experience to know this though. It really hardly ever happens for veterans that way; again congrats!

Hi All,

I apologize. I certainly didn't mean to imply the C&P exam process was a cakewalk, nor diminish the efforts of anyone struggling with with the system to receive their entitlements. I have read the horror stories many people here are going through in dealing with the VA and it makes me cringe. I am however, impressed with the level of support provided in this forum. It re-inforces the "we're in this together" mentality we have as service-members.

Thanks Michelle, Pete & JStacy for your replies