• Topics

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Dave54134

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • I have been in serious discussion with a mother of a professional photographer, and found out that there is a reason for all the closings of photography studios around the Country.  The field is fairly well saturated, and most photographers freelance out of their own homes and have the developing done off-site.  I support my wife’s dream of achieving her dream of being a  freelance photojournalism photographer with a Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts.  However, I am now doubtful as to making a photography studio a success. So I am back to square one, and researching something that I can do self-employed, that will be self-fulfilling.  I filled out the DOL/O*Net Interest Profiler and the top two areas I was rated in were Artistic (26) and Conventional (19).  The next thing I did was to select the Job Zone.  I selected Job Zone 5 Extensive Preparation Needed, because I don’t want to fail at my goal.  Lo and behold, self-employment was one of the options, and that is exactly what I need.  So I am now at a point of trying to select a new self employment career path that is both artistic (creative) and conventional (run of the mill).  I like to think ‘outside the box’ and I have a lot of outside the box thinking to do!  I am expecting a call from the VR&E program sometime next week, and need to have a new feasible employment plan ready. I am wide open to receive suggestions!  (that was a subtle hint….)
    • Hello, im getting 50% dis and I'm about to start a job as a tech in the army guard. Will I still be able to get my va check and tech pay?
    • went to college after i got out, dropped out within spittin distance of only a few months for 3rd semester to be done. And then, 7 years later, got medicated, went back to college. only made it 2 semesters and 3 weeks of classes........notice a pattern? some of us just can't be around other people. it's physically and emotionally exhausting to be on Red Alert all day. good luck to you, educating yourself i always believed was a process of continual growth, why is a "degree" necessary when you're thinking about your own business. do what fulfills you as a person, let it flow. we only live once  
    • Hi Buck, I just got my appointment scheduled for my MH and it was so quick. I went to the VA Monday with all my paperwork and the VA rep uploaded all of it. I got a call from the VA today and scheduled my MH in 2 weeks,  but I was wondering why was it so quick.
    • Team,   I appreciate your feedback. I noticed at the beginning of page one that he put the following information: - Medication- noted Digoxin, Metoprolol, and Dilitiazem Veteran is not able to work due to recurrent SVT His METs are zero due to his recurrent syncopes Veteran states that his palpitations are constant, not intermittent

ddj6969

Chronic Lower Back Pain

9 posts in this topic

I am currently rated at 40% for conditions related to chronic prostatitis. As a secondary condition I have chronic lower back pain. I have been looking through the ECFR and need help where to go before I apply. I have a IMO in my favor. It seems that all back conditions are rated on range of motion? Is there anything that is just based on the amount of pain a person has. My motion is limited but the pain is intense.

Thanks

There is a court case called the "Deluca" case that empowers VA C&P personnel to regard pain during repetitive motion as part of their examination, but nothing that addresses physical pain. Chronic pain can also be ruled as a mental health issue, but not both as a physical and mental issues.

CAS

Read a little bit more into the injuries of the spine and found this at 20%

-guarding severe enough to result in an abnormal gait....-

I have to hunch over when I walk as the pain is so bad.

Thanks

Can you work with this condition?

Does the VA have the "acute" form of the disease on the rating schedule?

Do the doctors believe the current level of symptoms will resolve for any reason?

Although the April 2006 VA x-ray demonstrated findings ofarthritis, this x-ray did not demonstrate arthritis involvement of 2 or moremajor joints to warrant a separate evaluation under Diagnostic Code 5003.However, the July 5, 2007, VA examination noted flexion from zero to 120 degreeswith pain from 30 to 96 degrees. In other words, factoring in pain, the Veteranhad flexion limited to 30 degrees. See Hicks v. Brown, 8 Vet. App. 417, 421(1995) (noting that under 38 C.F.R. § 4.59, painful motion is consideredlimited motion even though range of motion is possible beyond the point whenpain sets in). In other words, beginning July 5, 2007, a separate 20 percentdisability rating is warranted under Diagnostic Code 5260

The VA is supposed to rate for pain even if you have full range of motion.

Yes I can work although it does hurt.

The only one I saw for pain was this under 4.71a

...or localized tenderness not resulting in abnormal gait or abnormal spinal contour;...

My doctor has said this will not improve but will probably not get worse either.