Ad free subscription.

This eBook will teach you how to get C-Files (paper and electronic) from the VA Regional Office.
How to Get your VA C-File

• Topics

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• 100% IU P&T Question
      If that IU falls away and you're 100% then you can legally work even with the VA rating, as long as you don't have your 100% rating for a mental disability.
    • Voc Rehab - Independent Living Services
      http://www.benefits.va.gov/vocrehab/independent_living.asp The link is the official word for everything you are looking for.
    • 100% IU P&T Question
      Hello, I'm a new member but have been a frequent visitor to all of the great info on here. I have been curious mainly due to haring a dozen different answers to this question. My question is this, If a veteran who is 80% scheduler with 100% IU P&T is awarded 100% scheduler would the IU then fall away? Would the veteran just be 100%? I have a friend who is in this situation currently and he is bored out of his mind and wanted to at least try to work or go to school. He understands that there is already a system to do so should he choose to but has heard a lot of horror stories of the VA reducing his benefit just for attempting to do so (a bait and switch if you will) Question 2) He would like to at a minimum like to finish school in essence to be a role model for his kids. If he is 100% IU would he still be eligible to use Voc Rehab even with no intent to return to full time employment? Thank you in advance for your time and answers.    Semper Fi
    • When Is Retro Pay Start Day?
      The correct answer is it depends on what the claim is for and if it should have been claimed when exciting the service.  I filled my fathers claim for him in 2000 for Agent Orange relaited disabilities and they retro paid him back to 1985 when he was released from prison.  He received around $280k in back pay from it.  My pending cancer and sleap apnea claim will also back pay me to 2009 when I separated also.
    • 25 Year Long Service Connected Disability Denied After C/p Exam.
      Unfortunately a lot of veterans go through this. "When I got I was told to make sure I had copies of all my records and any paperwork that would help when I got home. Admin made me copies of all Service Records, Medical Records, Dental Records and made sure each single piece of paper was certified and signed. They even made triplicates of the discharge paper work with the severance pay, travel pay, and VA forms for disability that were already filled out and signed to turn in." Since you have  a copy of your C-File look for this signed paperwork.  I hate to say it but the paperwork could have been completely filled out but never sent in to VA.  If this paperwork was sent in around 1990-1991 it should have a VA date stamp and that would/will be your proof.  If your records do not have this date stamped paperwork then it is no way that you can get VA to go back that far.  Also keep in mind that just because a soldier is medically retired, VA is not obligated or responsible to process a claim on their behalf unless the soldier/veteran actually files and submit a claim. Yes, VA gets away with a lot of stuff but you have to go through your C-File page by page to make sure the evidence is there or not there.
    • eBenefit Letters Down?
      What letters are you trying to pull up I just now pulled up my Benefit Verification Letter no problem.
    • DONT USE VSO
      I did my original claim by myself and didn't know what I could claim and what I couldn't which is why I only received 30%.  I just had a friend who is also the Legion VSO for Stevens County here in Washington State and he put me in for 150% and total and complete.  The paperwork came back from Seattle needing one update which was a letter from my VA Dr. saying that my cancer should have been found while I was still in the Air Force.  He said everything else was good and once my Dr. signs the letter next week and I send it to him my claim should be completed at the VA in a max of two months.  And I will be able to file for my SSID.  Not all Veteran Service Officers are bad just ask around first before you pick one, it is their job and they know what you can file for or not.  The good ones care about vets and are there to help the bad ones just want the state money for claims.
    • Voc Rehab - Independent Living Services
      I had an appointment at Vocational Rehabilitation yesterday for Independent Living Services.  After completing the necessary paperwork I was told that a Counselor would contact me and come out to do a home visit.  I was wondering who has already gone through this process and what your experience was like?  I am 100% disabled Total and Permanent and Unemployable.  I have chronic back issues, chronic migraines, Stage 3 Renal Failure, PTSD, Depression, Carpal Tunnel (both wrists), Sleep Apnea.  What exactly can I expect from this program?  What are my chances on being approved?  I have read that individuals receive adjustable/therapeutic beds, computers, lift chairs, etc...  How long is the program good for?  Any and all information will be helpful.   Thanking everyone in advance   Anthony 
    • 25 Year Long Service Connected Disability Denied After C/p Exam.
      Thomas you are correct as I have found several things in my C-file where evidence was submitted and never sent out to the RO. And it is not even funny as they spend more time covering stuff up than actually setting down and looking at it in the correct way. But again they are VA and we are the enemy.  
    • Did I get lowballed?
      Knee rated at 10% each a.       Right knee flexion Select where flexion ends (normal endpoint is 140 degrees): [ ] 0 [ ] 5 [ ] 10 [ ] 15 [ ] 20 [ ] 25 [ ] 30 [ ] 35 [ ] 40 [ ] 45 [ ] 50 [ ] 55 [ ] 60 [ ] 65 [ ] 70 [ ] 75 [ ] 80 [ ] 85 [ ] 90 [ ] 95 [X] 100 [ ] 105 [ ] 110 [ ] 115 [ ] 120 [ ] 125 [ ] 130 [ ] 135 [ ] 140 or greater b.       Select where objective evidence of painful motion begins: [ ] No objective evidence of painful motion [ ] 0 [ ] 5 [ ] 10 [ ] 15 [ ] 20 [ ] 25 [ ] 30 [ ] 35 [ ] 40 [ ] 45 [ ] 50 [ ] 55 [ ] 60 [ ] 65 [ ] 70 [ ] 75 [X] 80 [ ] 85 [ ] 90 [ ] 95 [ ] 100 [ ] 105 [ ] 110 [ ] 115 [ ] 120 [ ] 125 [ ] 130 [ ] 135 [ ] 140 or greater c.       b. Right knee extension Select where extension ends: [X] 0 or any degree of hyperextension (check this box if there is no limitation of extension) Select where objective evidence of painful motion begins: [X] No objective evidence of painful motion d.      c. Left knee flexion Select where flexion ends (normal endpoint is 140 degrees): [ ] 0 [ ] 5 [ ] 10 [ ] 15 [ ] 20 [ ] 25 [ ] 30 [ ] 35 [ ] 40 [ ] 45 [ ] 50 [ ] 55 [ ] 60 [ ] 65 [ ] 70 [ ] 75 [ ] 80 [ ] 85 [X] 90 [ ] 95 [ ] 100 [ ] 105 [ ] 110 [ ] 115 [ ] 120 [ ] 125 [ ] 130 [ ] 135 [ ] 140 or greater e.       Select where objective evidence of painful motion begins: [ ] No objective evidence of painful motion [ ] 0 [ ] 5 [ ] 10 [ ] 15 [ ] 20 [ ] 25 [ ] 30 [ ] 35 [ ] 40 [ ] 45 [ ] 50 [ ] 55 [ ] 60 [ ] 65 [ ] 70 [ ] 75 [ ] 80 [ ] 85 [X] 90 [ ] 95 [ ] 100 [ ] 105 [ ] 110 [ ] 115 [ ] 120 [ ] 125 [ ] 130 [ ] 135 [ ] 140 or greater d. Left knee extension Select where extension ends: [X] 0 or any degree of hyperextension (check this box if there is no limitation of extension) f.        Select where objective evidence of painful motion begins: [X] No objective evidence of painful motion g.       e. If ROM does not conform to the normal range of motion identified above but is normal for this Veteran (for reasons other than a knee/or leg condition, such as age, body habitus, neurologic disease), explain: No response provided. h.      5. ROM measurements after repetitive use testing ------------------------------------------------ a. Is the Veteran able to perform repetitive-use testing with 3 repetitions? [X] Yes [ ] No i.          b. Right knee post-test ROM Select where post-test flexion ends: [ ] 0 [ ] 5 [ ] 10 [ ] 15 [ ] 20 [ ] 25 [ ] 30 [ ] 35 [ ] 40 [ ] 45 [ ] 50 [ ] 55 [ ] 60 [ ] 65 [ ] 70 [ ] 75 [ ] 80 [ ] 85 [ ] 90 [ ] 95 [X] 100 [ ] 105 [ ] 110 [ ] 115 [ ] 120 [ ] 125 [ ] 130 [ ] 135 [ ] 140 or greater j.        Select where post-test extension ends: [X] 0 or any degree of hyperextension (check this box if there is no limitation of extension) k.        c. Left knee post-test ROM Select where post-test flexion ends: [ ] 0 [ ] 5 [ ] 10 [ ] 15 [ ] 20 [ ] 25 [ ] 30 [ ] 35 [ ] 40 [ ] 45 [ ] 50 [ ] 55 [ ] 60 [ ] 65 [ ] 70 [ ] 75 [ ] 80 [ ] 85 [X] 90 [ ] 95 [ ] 100 [ ] 105 [ ] 110 [ ] 115 [ ] 120 [ ] 125 [ ] 130 [ ] 135 [ ] 140 or greater l.          Select where post-test extension ends: [X] 0 or any degree of hyperextension (check this box if there is no limitation of extension) m.    6. Functional loss and additional limitation in ROM --------------------------------------------------- a. Does the Veteran have additional limitation in ROM of the knee and lower leg following repetitive-use testing? [ ] Yes [X] No n.       b. Does the Veteran have any functional loss and/or functional impairment of the knee and lower leg? [X] Yes [ ] No c. If the Veteran has functional loss, functional impairment or additional limitation of ROM of the knee and lower leg after repetitive use, indicate the contributing factors of disability below (check all that apply and indicate side affected): [X] Less movement than normal [ ] Right [ ] Left [X] Both [X] Weakened movement [ ] Right [ ] Left [X] Both [X] Pain on movement [ ] Right [ ] Left [X] Both [X] Interference with sitting, standing and weight-bearing [ ] Right [ ] Left [X] Both

• HadIt.com Veteran to Veteran providing FREE information and community to veterans since 1997.

I am proud that I've been able to offer all that HadIt.com has for free for 19 years and continue to do so. HadIt.com does accept contributions to help with costs we also offer paid ad free subscriptions. None of the paid options are required. The forum, the website, news site and podcast are free and will remain so. If you choose to support the site with a contribution or a subscription it is appreciated but never required. If you choose to make a contribution or purchase an ad free subscription, you can do so here. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hedgey

Va Form 21-4140 Employment Questionaire

2 posts in this topic

This is a weird thing to be happy about, but I was really glad to receive this form in the mail yesterday. (It's the annual "have you worked in the past 12 months?" form).

I'd forgotten about it, again. This is the first year I've had to do one, but I kept remembering I needed to get it in, but then forgetting about it. Now here it is a couple weeks from my anniversary date and the VA kindly remembered for me. I know they're supposed to do it, but I also know they often don't do it. I made a bunch of copies of their pre-printed form so I'll be ready to send it in next year... BIG flashing lights on my computer calendar!!!

DH took it to the VSO and got a We Received This stamped copy, plus a copy of the fax header letter that went with it. So my fingers are crossed that the VA receives it and records it - then I'll be good for another year.

So yay for the VA getting it's paperwork out to a vet! Gotta be happy and appreciate the things that go the way they ought, doncha thinkj?

hedgey,

Good on VBA for getting the Forms to you and

Good on you for doing everything the right way and having

evidence of it.

The extra Forms you printed out for years to come -

be careful with that as sometimes they do change or add a little something different

as years go by.

Glad to hear you've got this out of the way for another year : )