VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ebenefits Is A Joke

Rate this question

ketchup56

Question

I have been at the bva on appeals for awhile now waiting my turn for review, and the whole time iv'e been waiting, my status on ebenefits has been 'Files Currently With Law Judge For Review'. Been off line for awhile thought i'd check my status on the ole "ebeneshits" site. As of 02/14/2013, my status has changed to 'Files Currently With Vso For Review. Some here might say at least there is movement right? Only problem with this is i'm a PRO-SE appellant... Again another reason not to totally rely on ebeneshits for reliable information,status etc...Just more unnecessary work i need to do to make damn sure my case is not sitting in limbo waiting for a review by some vso that should never happen in the first place. Bva is starting to scare me with these screwups...

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I had the same problem when mine first returned from AMC 3 January 13. First it said with vlj, then a couple days later it said with vso. I had to sign a paper that stated I was not being represented by DAV. I waited a couple more weeks after that until ebenefits said DAV is not your rep. I have been with vlj since mid february. The only thing that changes is the dat says 3-23-13 with vlj. Yes I say it is unreliable, as most things are with VA.

• HadIt.com Elder

Not really. Your are reading too much into it. The Va is using status coding and there is no code for Pro Se so they have to enter the code that closely matches so its not that wrong. The have to enter something to show progress and thats what they came up with.

J

Not really. Your are reading too much into it. The Va is using status coding and there is no code for Pro Se so they have to enter the code that closely matches so its not that wrong. The have to enter something to show progress and thats what they came up with.

J

I do not believe at all that i'm reading to much into this. It is what it is. What your'e missing is the fact as stated in my original post that ,i was in the status of 'currently with vlj' since 02/2012 and now all of a sudden my case/files is awaiting a review by a vso. I completely understand the va using the status coding to try to fit pro se appellants etc... What i don't understand is what has changed from 02/2012 to 02/2013 to warrant a change of the coding 'currently with vlj' status to the current status coding of 'currently with vso'? When i read posts such as Qwikstings post above there is some reason to be concerned. My appeal upon return from the amc on remand ended up in the litigation support unit at the bva, and when i call bva no one can tell me why it went there. I know why it's there (vba failed to adjudicate this claim back in 1983).

• HadIt.com Elder

Man Be careful representing yourself. We cannot rely on E benefits for Accurate information.

The Litigation Support team conducts the administrative processing of appeals remanded to BVA by the U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
(CAVC). It also serves as a liaison between BVA and the Department of Veterans Affairs’ (VA’s) Office of General Counsel (OGC), Professional
Staff Group VII(Group VII) regarding cases that have been appealedto the CAVC. Additionally, in concert with BVA’s team of correspondence
attorneys, the LitigationSupport team responds to case status inquiries fromVeterans, representatives, and members of Congress.
Hang in there and keep us posted on how this goes. Do you have BVA docket Number?
J

Man Be careful representing yourself. We cannot rely on E benefits for Accurate information.

The Litigation Support team conducts the administrative processing of appeals remanded to BVA by the U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
(CAVC). It also serves as a liaison between BVA and the Department of Veterans Affairs’ (VA’s) Office of General Counsel (OGC), Professional
Staff Group VII(Group VII) regarding cases that have been appealedto the CAVC. Additionally, in concert with BVA’s team of correspondence
attorneys, the LitigationSupport team responds to case status inquiries fromVeterans, representatives, and members of Congress.
Hang in there and keep us posted on how this goes. Do you have BVA docket Number?
J

J.Basser you are dead on point here. This is the same information i found about litigation support when i did my research. Remands from the amc back to bva have NO business at the litigation support unit, before going before the cavc. It's illegal. I plan on persuing this as pro se until bva either grants or denies, then it's on to a good attorney that specializes in va claims. Hell i myself right now can give a few reasons and basis for a remand at the cavc level. If i can do this i know damn well a good attorney can. LOL. My claim/appeal is a carbon copy of the final decision in Charles v. Shenseki, 587 F.3d. 1318(fed.cir.2009). Only exception mine is a claim for service connection for aggravation of a pre existing back condition. VA failed to act on this original claim dated 1/1983, and never gave a final adjudication one way or another. All this was in my c-file i ordered in 4/2010 when i refiled this claim. Claim even had the original va EP CODE 110. Docket # is 12-05464 which really does not state to much at all.

• HadIt.com Elder

Brother, how are you going to get to the bottom of this, I am starting to smell a little railroad job here. Is it too late to grab Ron Abrams or Bergmann Moore and bring them into the pic?

J