VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Filing formal complaint against RO?

Rate this question

11cvolley

Question

I have been awarded 100% P&T solely for PTSD but am going through a competency claim now. Long story short; I submitted a medical letter from my primary ptsd doctor stating I can handle my own money. I also submitted a letter along with it stating I wish tio waive my rights to the 60 days under CFR 38 and request a decision be made. Under the VA's own code it says a decision should be made within 27 days from the date the veteran sends in evidence and waives his/her due process. It has been over 60 days now and all I keep hearing from the #800 number is, 'we will contact you if more information is needed and it will be completed based on workload, blah blah blah.'

So since the VA is breaking their own guidelines. What can I do?

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

I have read 

Jan 18, 2016 - M21-1, Part I, Chapter 2, Section C, Topic 1, Block d ...(the most recent change date to this regulation)

and I dont find anything as to the "27 days".

Have you requested a hearing?

Do you have proof that VA received the doctor's statement?

You can file a complaint via IRIS..it has its own block to fill out at IRIS ....I have done that because those complaints go to VA Central as well as to the VARO....

but...I am having internet problems, due to sattelite dish filling with snow/ice....I might not be able to get back here much today....

Is the M21 above the same version you are reading? It would help to give IRIS the exact link to M21-1 you are referring to, and the exact date of the proposed incompetency letter.

What M21-1 reg did they use in that letter?

Someone else will google it and help...if I cant return.