VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Iris Notification

Rate this question

smilen66

Question

Good evening,

Today, I received this response from an IRIS inquiry.

Dear Ms. :

Thank you for your inquiry submitted on March 14, 2009 in regards to your claim.

Our records show that the Winston-Salem Regional Office requested an exam for you as of March 5, 2009. Once the exam is scheduled you will receive a written notification letting you know when and where your exam will be. You should receive your notification letter from the VA Medical Facility soon.

Thank you for contacting us. If you have questions or need additional help with the information in our reply, please respond to this message or see our other contact information below.

My questions are:

1. Does it take a long time to schedule the exam?

2. Will the exam take place at the regional office (Winston Salem N.C.) or at the V.A. hospital in my hometown (Durham N.C.)

3. When will I get the results (how long) of the exam?

4. Are there things I need to do or know prior and during exam?

Thank You!

Len

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Hello! Yes, no, maybe and yes!

Welcome to Hadit.

First, doesnt take long to schedule an exam. You do need to know what the exam is for to know what to expect. There are exam worksheeets on the VA website that can help you and if its a contracted doctor, maybe them too. As far as where, thats a good guess, one place or the other. Sure someone else will pipe in.The results of the exam are usually available almost immediately after or the next day. Good planning to take in copies of any SMR portions that support the particular issue being examined. Do you have a spouse that can attend with you? Helps to have a second set of ears and eyes.

Keep every peice of paper, mail and things that you get. (If contracted doctor, business cards, etc). It all matters.

Now I talked to you, hungry for a big soft biscut!

Best to ya, more information to come,

Cowgirl,up2009!

My questions are:

1. Does it take a long time to schedule the exam?

2. Will the exam take place at the regional office (Winston Salem N.C.) or at the V.A. hospital in my hometown (Durham N.C.)

3. When will I get the results (how long) of the exam?

4. Are there things I need to do or know prior and during exam?

Thank You!

Len

smilen66

Welcome to Hadit! I am from the same reginonal area as you. All of my exams are done at Winston-Salem Clinic. My latest experience with a C&P exam there went as follows:

1/10/09 Sat- Received a letter stating a C&P was to be scheduled.

1/12/09 Mon-Received a call from Winston-Salem Clinic wanting to know how soon I could come in.

1/13/09 Tues-Saw the C&P Doc by 10AM.

Now, let me add my disclaimer: Results Not Typical. What I mean is that your situation obviously different from mine. I am not saying that your's will happen just like mine, but we can only hope for the best. I wish you luck, and please, do keep in constant contact with Hadit. These guys all have a wealth of information to help you and encourage you. Take care.

Cowgirl. How can we get the results of a C&P? I did not know, or rather did not think to ask about getting the results.

Thank you both for the information and thoughts you've shared with me! I will let you know the results of the examination as soon as I can!

Thanks again,

smilen6

• HadIt.com Elder

The way I got my c&p exam results was to go to the ROI office (medical records on computer release office) at the VA and ask for some part of your Cfile/VA Medical file, with a start date prior to the exam. If you keep the request to a short time frame, say a few weeks or the past month, most will print out while you wait. Other offices I've heard will send it to you in the mail. With behavorial health clinic records, some doctors have to okay the release, no big deal.

Now, if you get a comp exam elsewhere than the VA, its 'possible' that you can get a copy from there, but not always a sure thing.

Best to ya, and check back when you get the exam copy, helps to be prepared for next steps,

Cowgirl'up2009!

p.s. Caution, don't delay your claim by asking for a 'complete' copy of your Cfiles while its in process. Mine took months and I had no clue prior to Hadit.