VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

More C&p Exams?

Rate this question

Deacon 2011

Question

I recieved a new rating for TBI with residuals on 11 Feb, went from 10 to 70% plus cognitive disorder at 10%, curent SC disability is 80%. I was prompted by my DAV rep to file for IU due to the severity of the disability and because I am currrently unemployed due to the disability. All of my C&P exams were conducted between June-Aug of 2010 which resulted in my current rating. Will I have to do the C&P exams all over again to prove IU?

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

They will give you a C & P exam that is specific to the TDIU claim.

On the 21-8940 form check yes to # 18 and then apply for SSDI (do you receive SSDI now for same SC conditions?)

Under # 25 Remarks- you can refer them to separate page, with your name, address and C file number on it.

Tell them if you were ever turned down for Voc Rehab due to your SCs, and tell them of the side affects of you SC meds that would hinder employment-do not take and drive, causes sleeplessness ,confusion etc.The print outs with the meds contain their side affects and you can attach copy of the print out.Tell them anything else that you believe causes you to be unemployable due to SC disabilities.

I suggest doing this ASAP and copy the form and mail it to the VARO with proof of mailing.(I always use USPS and tracking slip)

This preserves your earliest entitlement date.

Edited by Berta

Thanks Berta,

I do not recieve SSDI but I am meeting with a atorney within the next couple of days, the process seems painfull so I am planning tolet him work it out.

On the 21-8940 form check yes to # 18 and then apply for SSDI (do you receive SSDI now for same SC conditions?)

Under # 25 Remarks- you can refer them to separate page, with your name, address and C file number on it.

Tell them if you were ever turned down for Voc Rehab due to your SCs, and tell them of the side affects of you SC meds that would hinder employment-do not take and drive, causes sleeplessness ,confusion etc.The print outs with the meds contain their side affects and you can attach copy of the print out.Tell them anything else that you believe causes you to be unemployable due to SC disabilities.

I suggest doing this ASAP and copy the form and mail it to the VARO with proof of mailing.(I always use USPS and tracking slip)

I've mailed the form alread but checked "no" in box #18, is this going to mess me up?