VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got My 3Rd Letter Written For Va Ideas If This Should Do For Iu P&t

Rate this question

oldman273

Question

To Whom it may Concern:

This patient has a Complex spinal disorder. He has underwent extensive spinal surgeries including a Lumbar spinal fusion. He curently relies on a walking aide to ambulate. He is unable to lift push or pull. He continues to require medical management for persistant back pain. I believe this patient is disabled and will be unable to seek any sort of gainful employment. This is related to his service connected condition of degenerative spinal disc disease. If you have any further questions, feel free to call me.

Sincerley Dr XXXXXX.

I ask as I had all of my claims folders everything that the VA and all of my other surgeries as well as the last letter stating what they needed. This is the 3rd letter I have had him to write for me to the VA. I think that all the other letters were ignored or placed in someones elses file. I plan on hand carrying all of his surgical notes and office visits to my C&P exams. At least that way I know submiting them and placing these records into the hands of the Examiner will hopefully ensure that they are looked at. My biggest fear is that I will get the same guy as before who is biased I know it in my heart as I have been nothing but polite everytime. I have 4 exams this month. I had posted that the VA had lsot my original claim for tempoary 100% that the VA said they could not find. what happens this week I get a letter saying that my tempoary 100% would be rated for my exams this next week. I am happy that they found my claim but I stayed on it never relenting that I had put in for the claim for my surgery. I have caught hell after my surgery I will keep you all what happens next month. Wish me luck things are looking up I got a buddy to ride me down to the VA hospital it is 80 miles one way and I am thinking of just getting a room and staying over a day so 1 trip down and 1 back. Last time I tried to make multiple trips I suffered. Adios and have a good day

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Is this the entire letter?

"This is related to his service connected condition of degenerative spinal disc disease" He has to give a full medical rationale for that.

"This is the 3rd letter I have had him to write for me to the VA. I think that all the other letters were ignored or placed in someones elses file."

Did his other letters comply with the IMO criteria here in the IMO forum?

Do you have proof of mailing them all?

Is this the entire letter?

"This is related to his service connected condition of degenerative spinal disc disease" He has to give a full medical rationale for that.

"This is the 3rd letter I have had him to write for me to the VA. I think that all the other letters were ignored or placed in someones elses file."

Did his other letters comply with the IMO criteria here in the IMO forum?

Do you have proof of mailing them all?

Yes and thanks in his records which were sent prior to my 3rd SC back operation Im his first letter submited prior to my 3 level lumbar fusion he stated in his letter dated 04-13-10 Patient came in with MRI which showed L3-L4-L5-S1 Degenerative disc disease Service connected VA paid for surgery. The L%S1 disc collasped Unrelenting pain and a failed spainal cord stimulator implant. In the letter stated I was not able to seek gainful employment because of SC back injury which led to surgery unsucessful spinal cord implant and sugested surgey wrote that surgery was scheduled May 2010.

Second letter dated May 13th Described surgery outcome with at least 18 Monyhs to heal and that the arthritis found during surgery was advanced for my age and that people that have traumatic injury to their spine often devolped arthrits but that the arthritis was progresive and is a result of my SC Injury and has outpaced my current age.

3rd letter was sent in through my Probono lawyer as with all others and are in the reords sent to VA from surgeon. I know you answer a lot of post but the "lost" tempaory 100% claim showed up I think that my files were seperated or something I asked my lawyer also who did everything Pro Bono if i should submit them again he said yes he would and that I should hand carry in copies as well to the C&P exams. I have 3 this month. I was so feed up I was getting ready to move out of state so I would have help everyday. If I had left I would have never gotten these notices. If you have an idea please advise my first C&P exam is Wensday I am ready to get these done so that I am free to leave. I have so much trouble living alone and a freind is willing to stay with me out west to let me see if the heat will help with arthritis. I have family here but having someone around is better than being alone. Thanks for your time and the advice you offer..

I showed his office what the VA asked and I will get someone to take me up there Monday to get it worded that I am P&T in writing as his letter says I am unable to seek or maintain gainful employment but not P&T. I will get an example off the forum and bring it with me. Thanks again..

Has your pro bono lawyer submitted any of your evidence with a cover letter on is/her letterhead?

I am glad they found the temp 100% claim.

Regarding the P & T-

Have they awarded you 100% or TDIU yet?

If so -if they gave rationale for not awarding P & T,in that decision, the evidence has to overcome their reasons in the decision in order to obtain P & T.

Has your pro bono lawyer submitted any of your evidence with a cover letter on is/her letterhead?

I am glad they found the temp 100% claim.

Regarding the P & T-

Have they awarded you 100% or TDIU yet?

If so -if they gave rationale for not awarding P & T,in that decision, the evidence has to overcome their reasons in the decision in order to obtain P & T.

thanks for rembering My rant about my lost Tempoary 100%. yes about my lawyer I get the stuff scanned and ask him about anything I submit even though the VA has everything. that is what has me worried/concerned that I am getting the shaft again. He submits everything and I send it through the veterans office. That way I have two ways it gets documented. That is why I have a hard time thinking they have not looked at the nuerosurgeons records. I am going tommorow and seeing if he could give his opinion that I am permanetly and totaly disabled for my back.

As far as 100% the VA listed that one of my exam issues was for the Temp 100% following surgery and the convolesance leave that the surgeon put in his second letter stating I was unable to seek gainful employment as well as the aid and attendance claim which is also on there. I know the Temp 100% is based on my surgery circumstances and how the veterans ability to heal but my back was worse when they got in there.

The issues or claims listed are mood disorder to include depression IVDS Sciatica temp 100%, Aid and attendance, Perm&Total and tendonitis. No mention of the claim for arthritis I wonder if they are saving that for last. The last issue that got me concerned is that they have me scheduled for heart examination. My heart is till giving me fits but the VA tried to say it was normal size. I tried to get my family Doctor to get me an appointment but not enough time before the Exam. I will just have to fight it if they try to reduce the ratting if it turns out my heart is enlarged by the civilian cardiologist. I have thought if they do try something plain out wrong I am going to ask my lawyer since I was disabled in part of SC Migraines and PTSD from my civilian job I should ask for an earlier effective date for TDIU. I have had a history of hypertension and migraines since I was in service. but the SC migraines were only granted a couple of years ago I was medicaly retired in 2001.

My concerns is that the Surgeons records are listed in my TDIU that was earlier denied this month I hope that they found the records with my lost claims. I feel like I am being jerked around with the VA trying to yank my current ratting for my enlarged heart which they listed as last month as continuing as I have history of irregular heart rythms enlargement of my heart secondary to my SC hypertension. My Bood pressure has been high lately and my VA Mental health Doc has been discussing the issue of my hypertension and how the PTSD (non Service connected) and the depression of being housebond and needing help everyday has not helped my issues. When I say I need daily hlp it is with bathing dressing and hygene. Those issues were also noted by my surgeon is his aid and attendance forms and my wifes Statement submited to the VA, I got her to come with me. Thanks for asking and checking up I apriciate it.