• hate-ads-subscribe-now.jpg

• Ad
  • Ad
  • 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading
  • Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

• Ad

Voc Rehad Help

Hello all,

I have a few question that I am trying to find the answer to. Here goes, I am currently awaiting for my initial disability claim to be processed, started 1 jun 2012. Currently in gathering information stage on Ebenifits. While i am waiting i requested an memo of rating so that I may sign up for Voc Rehab. Upon looking at my ebenifits i noticed that a memo of rating has been done. I havent recieved a copy of this memo though. My question is, if this memo has been done can I request a copy of it? The reason why I am asking this is that I need to know what my rating is so that I can put it on the VA FORM 28-1900. My second question is that my RO is located in Salt lake city and I am currently living in ATL, Ga where would I send the form to? If I send it to salt lake city and is approve for voc rehad how would I meet up with a counselor when I am in GA? Would they transfer the information to GA and I met with a counselor here? or should I send to the RO here in ATL and have them look it up and go from there? I am very confused as to what I need to do at this point. Like I said I am still waiting on my claim to be processed and I dont want to mess myself up on getting it completed quickly. Also I have another question outside of voc rehab. I am currently seeing a private doctor for some of my disability problems that I am claiming. Should I register at the VA hospital to see a doctor under VA so that I can have documentation of seeing a VA doctor for my disabilities? The reason why I am asking this is that If I need to appeal my initial claim or file for an increase they have documentation showing that I have been seeing a VA doctor. Also will tricare pay for me to be seen at the VA hospital? I a retired VET using TRICARE Prime as my medical insurance. These are just a few things I have going on in my mind while I am waiting for my claim to be processed. Do anyone know anything about SLC RO? Are they good about giving a good rating? are they good about processing claims quick? like I said my claim has been in since 1 Jun 2012 and Ebenefits say that it should be done by 14 Jan 2013. Please help with some good promising info on these issues that I have.

God bless

2 answers to this question

I did not know that Voc Rehab would work until you have a rating that is on paper. My suggestion is for you to contact the folks at Voc Rehab and ask them how they will handle.

Good Luck.

At first they told me that I couldnt do it until I get a rating from VA, but they also told me since I was doing a quick claim prior to my retiriment (YEAH, RIGHT..QUICK MY BUTT) that all that I would need is a memo of rating if I have a SC condition that is rated 20% or higher. Well one of my conditions is sleep apnea w/CPAP as well as various other painful conditions. They have already done the memo of rating, but I dont know what the rating is. It shows up under my Ebenefits as documents recieved. Since SLC RO has done the memo, I am thinking that I need to file for VOC Rehab thru them. PEGGY from the 800# told me to send it to SLC RO. But like I said how am I to meet with an counselor in SLC if I am APPROVED when I am currently living in ATL, Ga? that is why I am asking should I send the form to ATL RO and have them look it up in the system and work the approval.

"Getting close to the end...whenever it comes! Hopefully soon."