VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Temporary 100 Percent VA Disability Rating Advice

Rate this question

Carl the Engineer

Question

All,

I was service connected (2016 @ 0%) for left foot Achilles Tendonitis secondary to my right foot Plantar Fasciitis.  For the past two years, my left achilles has been getting worse and my limp more pronounced.  I did get a new PCP (private) last week because my SC's HBP is on the rise (another issue) and he did refer me to a Podiatrist and a Dermotologist.

Today, I went to the Podiatrist who said that I will have to live with the pain and/or have surgery to repair my achilles tendon, as it will not get better on its own.  She did show me on the x-ray and I can see the differences from my right foot.  Bone spur, jacked up tendon and bursa, etc.

Anyway, she did put me in for some PT and we will see how that goes.

But, my question is, if I elect to have surgery, I will be layed up (out of work) for 6-12 months depending on my recovery, and since this is service connected, whats the deal with Temporary 100% VA disability rating(s).

As it stands right now, I will be putting in a claim for an increase of the left achilles and also a new secondary for bilateral arthritis of the ankle, and after another appointment, a increase of a facial issue I have.  I will have to wait and see her note, but I might claim plantar fasciitis of my left foot as I think she mentioned that also.

The good news is that the colesterol drug they put me on last year cut my bad LDL from 130 to 62.  So, there's that.

Thanks, any info on your experience with 100% temp would be great.  Also, if it jacked up your pay and how, i.e., going to and from...

Hamslice

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

We have had some members here who went through the temp comp process----they might be found uder a hadit.search.

Also you might find a case at the BVA similar to what you expect in convalescent time , for this  same surgery and disability:

https://www.index.va.gov/search/va/bva.jsp

Also, any SC PTSD vet in the Inhouse 21 day PTSD  program VAMC program is eligible for the one month 100% temp comp.

You get 80 now and not 100% as I understand this.......???