Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Iu Doctor Statment Question

Rate this question

Lady Chance

Question

Hi Everyone

My question is My C&P exam is saying for Axis IV Not Able to Function. Would that be the same as saying in their terms not able to work. It look like they just didn't want to say not able to work. My Civilian Doctor Just put down due to GAF score of 45 and other Service Connections disabilities It precludes her from Function in any capacity as a employee. Do I need to see if he can write something else or will this do?

Thanks

Lady Chance

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

That should do it. Can't be any clearer than that.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Sounds good -as long as the doc clearly stated that the inability to function is solely due to the SC disabilities.

Which should be clear anyhow in a C & P exam.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

YOU HAVE GOT THE KEY PIECE OF EVIDENCE NEEDED YOUR DOCTOR SAID YOU CAN NOT WORK BECUASE OF YOUR SC. THIS IS WHAT EVERY VETERAN MUST OBTAIN TO GET IU OR 100%. I ALSO HAD A DOCTOR STATE I COULD NOT WORK BECUASE OF MY SC AND WENT FROM 50% TO 70%AND IU P&T FOR PTSD. MAKE SURE THE VA GETS THIS EVIDENCE HAND DELIVER IT OR CERT MAIL IT. AND THEN CALL TO MAKE SURE THEY GOT IT THAT IS HOW IMPORTANT THIS EVIDENCE IS. ALSO YOUR GAF SCORE IS RIGHT WERE IT NEEDS TO BE. AND TO EVERY BODY ELSE A GAF BELOW 50 IS WERE YOU WANT TO BE AND A DOCTOR STATING THAT YOU CAN NOT WORK BECUASE OF YOU SC. IF YOU HAVE THESE 2 THINGS YOU HAVE A SOLID CASE FOR IU OR 100%. NOW WE KNOW THERES NO GURANTEE IT IS THE VA BUT WITH EVIDENCE LIKE THE ABOVE AND TIME ALOT OF TIME YOU WILL WIN. IT TOOK ME 3 YEARS FROM THE FIRST TIME I FILLED MY CLAIM FOR PTSD UNTIL I GOT MY 70% AND IU P&T. I GOT 50% IN THE START. IT TOOK ABOUT 9 MONTHS FROM FILE TO 50% THEN I APPEALED AND IT TOOK 2 YEARS AND ALOT OF FIGHTING TO GET MY 70% AND IU. GOOD LUCK

My Private Doctor just wrote the other disabilities out that they are causing not able to function. This doctor said severe Va Doctors say Chronic. They did not say permanent. Could Chronic be used as a P&T Condition

Lady Chance

My Private Doctor just wrote the other disabilities out that they are causing not able to function. This doctor said severe Va Doctors say Chronic. They did not say permanent. Could Chronic be used as a P&T Condition

Lady Chance

Are all of the other disabilities due to your service and do you have an established Nexus for them-

did the doctor state that more than likely they are each due to your service?

There is recent IMO information here at hadit as to the criteria a good IMO needs to follow-

I have seen VA ignore a P & T factor for chronic conditions unless there is medical evidence-such as a strong statement in the IMO- that states that the condition is expected to last the veteran's lifetime with no substantial improvement possible.

The VA will reject easily any medical opinion that does not meet this criteria-

we have to rember this is as good for the gander as it is for us-

C & P opinions can be challenged as deficient for basically the same deficiencies that will cause the VA to reject an IMO from a private doctor.

Unfortunately many vet reps do not comprehend that point----and will not help a veteran challenge a lousy C & P well.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Berta

The C&P Exam said Is As likely as not related to service.

He also saids that disability is Chronic and must continue treatment.

Plus I sent them SMR of Disability. I will read what I can her at Hadit My VSR is no Help

Thanks

Lady Chance