Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100 % Disabling Versus 100 % Permanent Versus Versus Iu

Rate this question

CHARLES

Question

My name is Charles. I recieved an evaluation of 100 percent disabling on July 1st 2004. I had a re-evaluation on Decmber 01 2006 and I recieved the letter saying

( evaluation of panic disorder with modifed agoriphobia, to include major depressive disorder which is currently 100 percent disabling, is continued However, there continues to be the possibility of improvement in the futurem with continued treatment, a future examination will be scheduled. Therefore this total evaluiation is not to be considered permament at thie time.)

1. Is this 100 percent called Scheduler?

2. It does not say anywhere that I am IU. However I am 100 percent so how can I not be IU?

3. How long before I can become permament ?

4. Do I qualify for vocational Rehab ?

5. Is thier any way to get my family medical benefits ChamVA. They tell me because it is not permament that I do not rate it? I do not understand?

6. Can I submit something to request it to become permament or could that open up a can of worms that I should not open?

7. While the money I get I am thankful for , it does not pay the bills for a family of 6, am I able to work a certain amount of hours and it not effect my 100 perecent?

8. I was thinking about going to vocational rehabilitation and going back to school and getting my masters degree, I heard they pay for it, I guess I just dont know what to do, I want to try to get better and work, and at the same time I am worried about my medical condition, I just dont know what avenue to go. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated ?

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Charles:

Voc Rehab has to evaluate you using their own criteria. They will actually schedule you for testing and evaluation. If you are not eligible for voc rehab they should consider you for Independelt Living which they would look for something that would make your life better. Usually that would be a computer or some sort of hobby.

It sounds like you are 100% schedular and not TDIU. I am 100% for Panic Disorder with agoraphobia and major depression.

I hope that this helps. I think that you should apply for Voc Rehab. You will gain some insight into how other parts of the VA works.

Good Luck

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Charles:

Voc Rehab has to evaluate you using their own criteria. They will actually schedule you for testing and evaluation. If you are not eligible for voc rehab they should consider you for Independelt Living which they would look for something that would make your life better. Usually that would be a computer or some sort of hobby.

It sounds like you are 100% schedular and not TDIU. I am 100% for Panic Disorder with agoraphobia and major depression.

I hope that this helps. I think that you should apply for Voc Rehab. You will gain some insight into how other parts of the VA works.

Good Luck

I tried to do Vocational Rehab three times even tried internet classes on line.

at that time my Panic Disorder and Depression was not that bad I was not on Meds. I am having a hard time with it all now switching back and forth on MEDS. DO what you can handle If you take that route. Please let Couselor now how you are doing and coping.

Good Luck

Lady Chance

My name is Charles. I recieved an evaluation of 100 percent disabling on July 1st 2004. I had a re-evaluation on Decmber 01 2006 and I recieved the letter saying

( evaluation of panic disorder with modifed agoriphobia, to include major depressive disorder which is currently 100 percent disabling, is continued However, there continues to be the possibility of improvement in the futurem with continued treatment, a future examination will be scheduled. Therefore this total evaluiation is not to be considered permament at thie time.)

1. Is this 100 percent called Scheduler?

2. It does not say anywhere that I am IU. However I am 100 percent so how can I not be IU?

3. How long before I can become permament ?

4. Do I qualify for vocational Rehab ?

5. Is thier any way to get my family medical benefits ChamVA. They tell me because it is not permament that I do not rate it? I do not understand?

6. Can I submit something to request it to become permament or could that open up a can of worms that I should not open?

7. While the money I get I am thankful for , it does not pay the bills for a family of 6, am I able to work a certain amount of hours and it not effect my 100 perecent?

8. I was thinking about going to vocational rehabilitation and going back to school and getting my masters degree, I heard they pay for it, I guess I just dont know what to do, I want to try to get better and work, and at the same time I am worried about my medical condition, I just dont know what avenue to go. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated ?

Charles,

Lets see!!!! You are disabled,100%,for panic disorder-with modified agoriphobia?? And you want to WORK-or Go BACK to School??

I would think that the VA will say that if you can work,earn money or be around people,or go to school,unless online,will raise a RED FLAG all the way to Your 100% disability!! I am just thinking out loud!! What say U,everyone??

• HadIt.com Elder

Lady Chance:

Yes I am 100% P&T for Panic Disorder and Major Depression with Agoraphobia. As many know many of the diagnosis are also co morbid with Depression.

Panic Disorder is a weird deal. There are times when I can't leave my house and times when I can do almost anything. I am pretty sure that for me stress level has a lot to do with how I am doing.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.