Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Back Pay Concurrent Reciept? Denied!

Rate this question

Guest fetta78

Question

Guest fetta78

I'm retired Air Force and was rated at 40% disabled. I was re-evaluated and recieved a 50% rating about 6 weeks ago, effective Nov 30, 2004. The VA is telling me that they do not back pay the Concurrent Reciept, DFAS is telling me they don't either. I recieved my first CRDP payment Sep 1 in the amount of $156. That's great but what about the past 8 months worth??

I hope this is clear enough......

I think I should get the back payments, a bit over $1300. It's not much but right about now it'll help more then you know!!

Any ideas? Is that true, that they don't pay retroactive? Who else can I call?

Thanks-

• Answers 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

How so, if the veteran is ill enough to qualify for a medical retirement? Are there instances when the individual has a choice as to which way he/she wants to go? Our experience was that they couldn't get rid of us fast enough, which was why they initially refused to halt the standard retirement process, despite the fact that he had a disqualifying medical condition. If a condition is anticipated to improve, then the individual shouldn't be considered for a medical discharge, I would think, but I would like to know if I'm incorrect. Thanks.