Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Back Pay Concurrent Reciept? Denied!

Rate this question

Guest fetta78

Question

Guest fetta78

I'm retired Air Force and was rated at 40% disabled. I was re-evaluated and recieved a 50% rating about 6 weeks ago, effective Nov 30, 2004. The VA is telling me that they do not back pay the Concurrent Reciept, DFAS is telling me they don't either. I recieved my first CRDP payment Sep 1 in the amount of $156. That's great but what about the past 8 months worth??

I hope this is clear enough......

I think I should get the back payments, a bit over $1300. It's not much but right about now it'll help more then you know!!

Any ideas? Is that true, that they don't pay retroactive? Who else can I call?

Thanks-

• Answers 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

:lol: Ricky

I applied in July 04 they said my payment start date was Sept 1 2004 and my effective date was Aug 9 2004. yET I RECEVIVED ONE ADDITIONAL CHECK FOR $225 no back pay at all.

V/R

Jim

Here's what I've learned so far.

I'm hosed! B)

I talked to the State DVA rep and he basically said their is no "back pay". Regardless of the effective date.

So, I am happy with what I have but it would have been nice to have the extra $1300 or so I feel is mine based on the Nov 04 date that I did not recieve.

Oh well, such is life. There are guys coming home now in worse shape then I.

I just hope they get taken care off properly!!

• HadIt.com Elder

Waste of time Pete. The law is written that DFAS kicks in ONLY when officially notified by VA of the award.

I cannot accept "you're hosed" as an answer to this question. (no offense)

It's called CONCURRENT RETIRED DISABILITY PAY. concurrent is the key word. both agencies are supposed to pay the OVERLAPPING amount. the VA claims that we've received our pay, however, if our disabilities would have been granted earlier, we would have received the CRDP.

it's a smoke screen to avoid payment. and we have to not accept that as the end of the line. it's taken us 100 years to get some concurrent receipt, now is not the time to give up because our newest retirees who are just joining the disabled rolls.

Here's one for you!! I was recently increased from 60% to 70% back dated from Feb 1 2003 to present. I was given the same thing about concurrent receipt and crdp. I said ok, I think I understand this crdp thing but what about back pay from Feb 1 to Dec 1 2003, since crdp didn't start until Jan 2004? I talked with the people at crdp, regional office and the AMC. NO ONE could give me a straight answer. I received increase letter Feb 14 2006 with the award amount, amount withheld, monthly entitlement, payment start date and reason for changes.

I'm yet to receive any corrospondence from the finance center at the AMC explaining a breakdown of pay. I'm told were not allowed to speak directly with the finance department and all the reps I've spoke with that said they spoke with the finance department have given me different answers.

Crdp said their records start Jan 2004 and everything else is on microfiche. I would have to request an audit, in writing for and audit before 2004. In fact, everyone I spoke with avoided 2003 until I brough it to their attention. I'm in the process of writing a request and I'm also going to send an E-Mail on the VA site. This is the only way I MAY get a correct answer. I'm almost positive I should be paid for 2003.

Anyone have any other ideas??????

Wayne (Llewellyn)