Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ssdi Desicion

Rate this question

Dale Jr. 8

Question

I finally won my SSDI claim. It took 2 years and 9 months. My question now is will VA pay me at the 100% rate? I am currently 50% SC and the SSDI claim was approved on one of my SC primarily. It was also approved for a secondary reason. I believe that all I have to do is apply to VA for I/u and send in my SSDI award letter. Is this how it works? Thanks Dalejr #8

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

It could help the claim for TDIU- however-

you said it was primarily approved for SC condition and then a secondary one?

I assume you meant also an NSC condition?

I dont know how VA will view that- since you get 50% now for PTSD-

However you should certainly apply for TDIU and tell them under # 18 Yes and then refer to the SSA award under Remarks (# 25) and ask them to obtain the SSA records.

Make sure you tell the VA of any side affects too- of the SC meds- that would hinder employability.

You can attach additional page to the TDIU form-

IS there any potential at all for the SSA secondary condition to be found directly due to your service?

• HadIt.com Elder

I believe you need to request in writing that Social Security send copies of your medical records to V.A. in support of your claim. Write V.A. and tell them that you are totally disabled as a result of your service connected disability and that you are now receiving Social Security Disability for your service connected disability. Get some help from Disabled American Veterans or your appointed Power of Attorney in submitting the new evidence from Social Security.

quote name='Dale Jr. 8' date='May 12 2007, 04:40 AM' post='51307']

I finally won my SSDI claim. It took 2 years and 9 months. My question now is will VA pay me at the 100% rate? I am currently 50% SC and the SSDI claim was approved on one of my SC primarily. It was also approved for a secondary reason. I believe that all I have to do is apply to VA for I/u and send in my SSDI award letter. Is this how it works? Thanks Dalejr #8