Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Lawyer Regs Open For

Rate this question

Berta

Question

http://www.regulations.gov/fdmspublic/component/main

Click on Department of Veterans Affairs and then under Open for Comment or Proposed

I am going to suggest that since attorneys need to pass a test to show their level of comprehension of VA case law, why not give the same test to all service officers and veterans representatives too?

You can email in your comments or mail them to the VA -at the address they give.

Make sure you put the RIN number on the envelope and on your Comment.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Berta:

Whoever did that web page for the government is an idiot.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

I think their intent is to develop a pool of attorney's who are either worthless or VA friendly just as they have done with the service organizations. Just wait and see before you know it the VA will be providing all kinds os bennies to attorneys who handle VA claims such as extra tax breaks, credit for pro bono required time, a general office space within the VARO (for all attorneys to use) etc. etc. etc...... This reg provided that inorder to carry out congress' intent to allow veterans the right to legal counsel the VA must develop a written test....... HORSE HOCKEY!!!!!! Congress' intent was to allow veterans the right to seek and hire counsel of their choice. The only written test that this requires is a Bar Exam!!!!! Who the hell are they trying to fool.

It is just like the kangaroo court they gave us. This is the only federal level court that I know of that does not have any power. They can not award benefits like the other courts. They can not force their opinions onto the Department. The only thing they can do is DENY CLAIMs or remand them back to the board and with the remand they tell the board specifically what to change so when it comes back to the court the next time it will be right and result in an opinion that upholds the actions of the BVA. What damn legal system in the world is set up like that? The only ones that I know of are those in communist countrys.

So my only comment which I am sure will be laughed at is inorder to perserve the good order and standing of state bar associations and to reduce the likelyhood of fraud and other criminal acts which always tend to appear when the government tries to control a private enity the VA should have no authority to regulate the hiring of any attorney's. Ha just had a thought - you know sometimes when selling or buying a house you run into an agent who represents both the seller and the buyer? Would it not be something if the VA tried to offer/force veterans to accept representation by their staff attorneys! hahahahahhahaha Yep that would be darn funny Ethel, but I would not put it past them at all. Just think the fees charged to us could be used to offset their govt salaries. Holy Batman I gotta go to be cause I am thinking just like a VA manager - Where is my bonus!!!!!!

Edited by Ricky