Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Finding Old Navy Reserve Records

Rate this question

chahta

Question

Anyone here know how I can find old Navy Ready Reserve records? I am looking for my records from the time I rotated out of regualr active duty to the Ready Reserves from May 1974 thru May 1978. I got my old Navy records from NARA, but there are no records of my active duty days in the reserves. In particular, I am looking for medical records of an incident where I was seen by our medical Corspman during one of my active duty weekends and sent over to the VA Hospital for treatment.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder
Anyone here know how I can find old Navy Ready Reserve records? I am looking for my records from the time I rotated out of regualr active duty to the Ready Reserves from May 1974 thru May 1978. I got my old Navy records from NARA, but there are no records of my active duty days in the reserves. In particular, I am looking for medical records of an incident where I was seen by our medical Corspman during one of my active duty weekends and sent over to the VA Hospital for treatment.

You're best bet would be to e-mail NARA and ask them for help. It's going to be very difficult to locate those records 30 years back. You should at least know the date of the incident, month, year. Military hospitals, inpatient, keep and file their records separately at NARA -- but outpatient visits are supposed to be recorded in the military medical record. Do you remember the name of the civilian chiropractor that treated you? You do remember the city, state?

USAF 1980-1986, 70% SC PTSD, 100% TDIU (P&T)

You're best bet would be to e-mail NARA and ask them for help. It's going to be very difficult to locate those records 30 years back. You should at least know the date of the incident, month, year. Military hospitals, inpatient, keep and file their records separately at NARA -- but outpatient visits are supposed to be recorded in the military medical record. Do you remember the name of the civilian chiropractor that treated you? You do remember the city, state?

Try this site, It includes contact information, The bad thing is the records center in New orleans has relocated to NAS Millington Tennesee.

https://nrpc.navy.mil/