Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

0rtho Help, Knees And Ankles....please

Rate this question

tec

Question

exam is in the morning.

3 yrs ago they took away my 20 percent for right knee instability because the doc rushed thru the drawers test and it was not enough.

My right knee is the main cause of all my falls and locking and such. HOW can I prove it tomorrow so they will rate it for instability and not just ROM? Is the Drawers test the ONLY test they use to diagnose instability of the knee? I know over the last 10 years they don't listen to you when you tell them it llocks an buckles and you fall and so on...so surely there is another test or tests other than a drawers...my God...anyone can advise on how to convince them of instability? I even thought about blowing my knee the rest of the way out just to fail the drawers but that is wrong and I would not do that...but surely there is a way to convince them?

ALso any other advice other than give my doc the my worst day tomorrow? They are doing bilateral knee DJD, bilateral ankle DJD, bilateral knee instability, Biltaeral Hip djd, lumbar/si condition, cervical condition, right wrist condition, IBS, and CFS......any advice on any of these...I filled out the qtc forms...not enough room so typed a page with what I wrote on each one and added to make it easier on the doctor...but I can list symptoms and affect on life all I want..but they dont listen..seems they have to see something happen, i.e. loss of ROM..so advice appreciated..thanks all...t

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

one other question, I read a post on here about someone rated for the medication they are on for disability...is this true? Because since my last reeval when I did not take anything I now take 15 mg oxycodone 4 x day as needed, and 20 mg oxycontin 4 times day and celebrex. So will the medication help with the rating somehow? thanks..t

I think if you concentrate more on the Rom and the pain issues that everything else may fall in place. Thats just my opinion and I am sure others also have some good advice.