Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got My Increase

Rate this question

mrstix

Question

I was 20% lower back,20% right leg,20% left leg.Total of 60%, but a combined

rating of 50% with VA math.I filed for a increase for my back May 3rd 2006 and a new calim for my right knee at the same time. I had a axam at the VA ortho clinic for my knee Doc said DJD caused from my limping.

The rating board gave me a 20% increase on my back, I was pleased with that.But they Deferred my knee, what does this mean, deferred?

Now I am 40% back 20% right leg and 20%left leg, total of 80%, combined 60% by VA math. Got my back pay also back dated to June 1st 2006. Toke almost a year but I am pleased with the out come. Help me on the "Deferred" knee please.

Thanks and good luck to you all, mrstix

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Defered means they still are working on that part of your claim.

If that additional knee rating is high enough -they will send you a TDIU form-if you aren't working- unless you have already filed for TDIU-

You did very well!!!!! And a year is also very short period of time these days---

sounds like the retro is right---too

Are you unemployed and if so has any doc said these disabilties prevent you from working?

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Hi Berta, and thanks for the reply. No I did not apply for TDIU, I am working only two day's a week for now, it's pretty hard on me at times, but I like to keep moving, as long as I can. I am glad deferred means they are still working on my knee claim, they told me it was secondary to my back and legs.I did apply for SSD, turned down my 1st go around, so my lawer has taken over, my ALJ hearing is in about 10 more months????

thanks agin, mrstix