Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can You Be Rated At 100% Comp And Still Have Be

Rate this question

jecsb4

Question

All,

I have a question that I don't remember comming across. Can you be rated 100% by the VA and still allowed to have a job? Or do they expect you to not work, because you are rated at 100%

I am not sure what the other issues arise with 100% such as IU.

Thanks,

Joe

• Answers 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Veterans who are 100% schedular for anything but mental disorders can work. TDIU is not a good idea to work but you can do volunteer work if you need something to do.

Many here believe that working and 100% do not mix well with VA.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Pete is right; it really depends on WHAT your condition is. If you're missing appendages, it's fairly safe to work, but if your physical disability is rated higher due, in large part, to your inability to work, it is more risky. In other words, if you are 100% for back pain/issues and you are able to be gainfully employed, that would certainly reflect on your next rating.

If you have a mental disorder at 100% (or even 70% in many cases) you are expected not to work...if you do, they will hold it against you.

I don't know what my final breakdown will be but I know that I am pending an increase from 30 to 80%. Most of that I believe will be feet and lower back pain that is reduced when I sit. Don't know what if any they gave me for depression - mood disorder not otherwise specified. I do know that the conditions I do have are not inclined to improve in the future.

Thanks.

If you have a mental disorder at 100% (or even 70% in many cases) you are expected not to work...if you do, they will hold it against you.

That just isn't accurate. There is nothing in CFR/USC restricting veteran's with mental disorders from working.

I went from 70% to 100% while employed. It admittedly had to go to the BVA and took about 5 years, but I was never told my employment was a disqualification, even by the VARO.

Military retirees earn their retired pay by service alone, and those unfortunate enough to suffer a service-connected disability in the process

should have VA disability compensation added to their earned military retired pay, not subtracted from it.

That just isn't accurate. There is nothing in CFR/USC restricting veteran's with mental disorders from working.

I went from 70% to 100% while employed. It admittedly had to go to the BVA and took about 5 years, but I was never told my employment was a disqualification, even by the VARO.

100% for mental means you are incompetent, how can you work if your incompetent

100 %

Total occupational and social impairment, due to such symptoms as: gross impairment in thought processes or communication; persistent delusions or hallucinations; grossly inappropriate behavior; persistent danger of hurting self or others; intermittent inability to perform activities of daily living (including maintenance of minimal personal hygiene); disorientation to time or place; memory loss for names of close relatives, own occupation, or own name

Betrayed

540% SC Schedular P&T

LOWER YOUR EXPECTATIONS AND THE VA WILL MEET THEM !!!

WEBMASTER BETRAYEDVETERAN.COM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You hit the street, you feel them staring you know they hate you you can feel their eyes a glarin'

Because you're different, because you're free, because you're everything deep down they wish they could be.

I agree with pete. If you are 100% or i.u. I would not work if it is for a mental disorder. If you need to keep busy do some volunteer work. I talked to my local dav chapter and they need drivers for there vans. I live 80 miles from the vamc and they need people to drive the vets who can not drive.