Sponsored Ads

• Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Advertisemnt

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sponsored Ads

• Searches Community Forums, Blog and more

Sign in to follow this  
Guest jstacy

Cpap Machine

Guest jstacy

I picked up my CPAP yesterday, had to go outside the VA to get it. I have full face mask and i Havent slept a wink with It. Does anyone have problems with their machines and how long does it take to get used to the thing??

Ad

That's a good question. I have had one for two weeks and I feel like it smothers me. I usually use it an hour or two and have the full face mask. Maybe they need to back off on the pressure. They have me set at 12.

Good luck I am determined to keep working at it I will have to make a co pay each month fo about 15 bucks and another 80 dollars for the initial set up.

Guest Jim S.

Pete53: I'm surprised with a panic disorder, that you can even wear the D$%! thing. My brother was put on one and he became to claustrophobic to wear one for any amount of time.

He had to opt for a surgical remedy, It seam to work for him, but it is not for everyone.

I don't have sleep apnea, but I do have hypoxia or low oxygen saturation when in REM sleep. It used to be that I needed O2 when I was sleeping and was hooked up with a O2 condenser and canula. Resently I have had worsening of my lung problems and now use O2 24/7 so when I'm not hooked up to my O2 condenser, I carry a tank and regulater to feed my canula. It irritates my sinusus to no end, I'm constantly either stopped up or my nose is constantly running.

I'm always hanging it up on something and it pulls on my nose, some days I wish I didn't wear glasses, because my nose hurts so bad. I can sympathise with you and your problems but my Dr and yours has probably told you with out it you are a good candidate for a stroke. I believe him, so I will put up with the discomfort. I hope you give it time, the body tend to surprixe you on how well it will compensate for noise and such.

Good luck, give it your best try, before throwing in the towel.

Jim S.

Jim S

I don't think I am going to make it as feeling smothered is a trigger for panic attack. I am surprised that I can tolerate it at all but the same thing happens every night. I start with the lower ramped up air flow for 20 minutes which also feels pretty strong and than when it goes to the pressure setting I usually end up ripping the mask off on the verge of an attack.

I picked up my CPAP yesterday, had to go outside the VA to get it. I have full face mask and i Havent slept a wink with It. Does anyone have problems with their machines and how long does it take to get used to the thing??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't remember how long it took me to get used to it, but I can't sleep without mine. I have a full beard, and still use the face mask. Sometimes I switch bacxk to the nasal pillows just for something different. I do use a nasal gel called AYR, or maybe ARY (not sure which spelling, I'll go get it in a few and let you know).