Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

10 Weeks For A C File Copy

Rate this question

hurryupnwait

Question

I ve been waiting 6 weeks for a copy of my claims file from AMC, I called the AMC yesterday and was told that it will prolly take another 4 weeks before I get a copy. He kept repeating that there are others ahead of me waiting.

Is there anything I can do to speed up this process or do I need to just hurryupnwait.

10 weeks seems like a long time when others on this forum were saying it would take 3 to 6 weeks. The AMC seems like a warehouse to hold remands. Last week was my 2nd anniversary with them.

Paul

When I count my blessings I count my family and friends twice.

If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.

Well done is better than well said.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

I ve been waiting 6 weeks for a copy of my claims file from AMC, I called the AMC yesterday and was told that it will prolly take another 4 weeks before I get a copy. He kept repeating that there are others ahead of me waiting.

Is there anything I can do to speed up this process or do I need to just hurryupnwait.

10 weeks seems like a long time when others on this forum were saying it would take 3 to 6 weeks. The AMC seems like a warehouse to hold remands. Last week was my 2nd anniversary with them.

Paul

I doubt there is a way to speed it up and I see the problem becoming a whole lot worse with attorney's entering the fray. If anyone wants a copy of their file, it probably would be a good idea to get your request in ASAP.

• HadIt.com Elder

Did the written request for a C file copy include something to the effect that your request is (was) made under the FOIA? This law gives the VA 20 days to respond. They did did respond with a copy when I contacted them and mentioned the time limit (after it had expired by a few days).

I doubt there is a way to speed it up and I see the problem becoming a whole lot worse with attorney's entering the fray. If anyone wants a copy of their file, it probably would be a good idea to get your request in ASAP.