Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C-file Came

Rate this question

Guest jangrin

Question

Guest jangrin

Got home from work yesterday and my husband had recieved his c-file from the VARO. We spent most of the evening going through the file just- LOOKING at the stuff that was in it. I must say there really is very "little" of actucal military records from 1966-69 in this file.

They had so many duplicates of papaerwork and social security papers and 5 copies of some things. It is a wonder they can get through it without a index ledger. They do have it categorized when you go to look at the file, but when you get your copies, it comes as just a stack of papers.

It only took 3 months to get the c-file and one year to get the copies of the SMR's that are in the C-file. Still don't know if we have actually recieved all the service records. Is there any way to find out?

Jangrin

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Jangrin;

You were the first person to welcome me to Hadit. I'm so glad I joined this unique and rewarding forum. As you may have read I have had triple bypass surgery, and other maladies since I joined. Thanks goodness there were folks like you, Berta, Viking, Testvet, Pete, etc to guide me through these things.

I am requesting my C file as well since I need to have my initial claims for CRSC. I was denied CRSC because I didn't have a detailed narrative on why I was awarded PTSD, etc. Crazy huh?

Anyway, thanks for posting and thank you for your wisdom.

Jerry O

Guest jangrin

Jerry O,

Thank you for the very kind words. I am glad you found the Hadit fambly. It is nice to know that there are people here you can turn to when the road gets rough and you are looking for answers. Thanks again.

Getting the SMR's and the C-file can really be a pain in the rump. We awaited for many months. We have been culling through the file for two days now, and to be honest I am really surprized that we did as well as we did, given the information that is in the file.

Just some advise for anyone in the information gathering process...for your claim..

Get a copy of your medical records at each visit. Request the VAMC sends the doctor's notes, lab results-immediately after each visit.

If there is something in the notes that is different from what you believe was discussed during your visit, you need to call the VAMC and ask to speak with the veterans representative to get the notes re-written or clarified.

Make sure the future treatment plan is specifically written out and that it is what you and the doctor discussed. If it is not make sure that you have the VAMC representative get it on the record what the plan is.

I can not stress enough that YOU MUST TAKE CONTROL OF THE RECORD KEEPING PROCESS. The doctors only put minimum notes in the records. And it can sometimes not reflect your position at all or results in no follow up on what was discussed. At each visit sign a request for records so you know exactly what your records say, during the claim process.

Jangrin

Edited by jangrin

Guest jangrin

Ok Josephine (Betty),

What's going on today??? A lot of people saying thank you to me.

Do you guys know something I don't know? Am I in trouble or is Tbird mad at me?

This is a little weird- even for me LOL!!

Really, thanks Josephine. I appreciate the thoughtfulness and accept the warm kindness, also. But honestly, I am a true believer in the "Pay It Forward Philosophy". I can't let this go without saying there are so many wonderful and kind people here and every single member at Hadit has something to offer someone else, even if it is only a kind word. Thank you for making my day..today. It is nice to know your appreciated. Thank you very much.

Jangrin

• HadIt.com Elder

Jan,

No way are you in trouble. You are just a very warm and caring person. We just all wanted to say " Thank You".

I can't recall any post that I have posted, that you haven't spent your time to assist me.

Even though, I sound like that old worn out 78 record, you still have the patience for me.

Have a good one and God Bless,

Josephine