Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nod

Rate this question

JohnM

Question

Had NOD in since March 31, We have not heard a word, How long does it take for them to send a letter that they are looking at it?

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

JohnM,

Normally, you should have received some sort of communication already, such as a letter stating they received your NOD with the election of the DRO review, or a letter asking you how you want your appeal handled if you didn't specify it. Having said that, I have had a couple NOD's in which a DRO was specified and the VA sent a letter about two weeks before a decision was made on that appeal. I suppose it just depends on the Regional Office and how backlogged their Appeals Team is.

If I were you I would send a message through the IRIS system to confirm they have received your NOD.

Vike 17

Had NOD in since March 31, We have not heard a word, How long does it take for them to send a letter that they are looking at it?

Just a thought but you did send the NOD by certified mail with signature confirmation right? If you did then when you do email them I would tell them when it was signed for. I send in all my stuff certified.

Good luck, Stillhere

Yes are VA Rep sent it in with a claim for ED, The claim for ED is at the rating board since June 26th but yet nothing on the NOD's I think maybe I should call the Rep find out what's going on, I thought that we should have heard something on it by now.

• HadIt.com Elder

Generally, the VA will first work any normal claims still pending before they will work on an appeal. If you have any other claims pending, this may be the reason why you haven't heard anything on the NOD as of yet.

Vike 17

Thank You Vike17 That makes sense to me, I think that I will wait till we hear about the rating.