Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rural Vets

Rate this question

LLoyd USMC

Question

I was contacted by Roseburg dental and told that I was elgible for Fee Basis Dental since I lived over 100 miles away. Called local dentesats and they said tyhey did take fee basis. called back Roseburg VA and then they told me I lived in wrong county not elgiblel. Anyone know anything about this or vets having to drive over 100miles for treatment.

LLoyd

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Lloyd:

I would call the 800 number on my pill bottle and punch ) and ask for Fee Service. They should be able to tell you some dentists near you that accept Fee Service.

Good Luck

We have had luck taking law information to a veteran's rep or patient advocate to help process the necessary paper work. This law should cover your treatment needs.

H.R.1527

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d110:HR01527:@@@L&summ2=m

SUMMARY AS OF:

3/14/2007--Introduced.

Rural Veterans Access to Care Act - Allows a highly rural veteran who is enrolled in the system of patient enrollment of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) to elect to receive covered health services through a non-VA health care provider. Defines a "highly rural veteran" as one who: (1) resides more than 60 miles from the nearest VA facility providing primary care services, more than 120 miles from a VA facility providing acute hospital care, or more than 240 miles from a VA facility providing tertiary care (depending on which services the veteran needs); or (2) otherwise experiences such hardships or other difficulties in travel to the nearest appropriate VA facility that such travel is not in the best interest of the veteran.

Directs the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to furnish to a highly rural veteran such drugs and medicines as may be ordered on prescription of a duly licensed physician in the treatment of any illness or injury.