Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just Finished C&p

Rate this question

skinswin

Question

I just completed my C&P for a SC increase. The doctor(yes an actual doctor) was very thorough. She went down the list asking how my most recent surgery (2-level fusion 3/15/07) affected my daily life due to pain and motion limitations.

She measured me at <20% range of motion for all lumbar tests and <10% before pain during range of motion. She also showed me on computer where she put in how it affected my daily life. Example:(bathing, dressing, sitting, walking, sex life etc). She also noted the numbness from the inguinal surgery(5/2/07).

She stated that she made no recommendations on what % I would receive. She said that was done at the ratings board. She was very kind and sympathetic to my injuries.

Is she correct in stating that she makes no recommendations on what %? ALso, how long until I'm able to get a copy of the C&P and how long before I find out what % I will receive.

Just some more info for those in Nebraska. I live in NE and filed on April 26th, 2007 for an SC increase and for temp convalescence due to surgeries. On July 5th I received my temp 100% convalescence and got my retro deposit on 7/10. Pretty fast? I don't know, but it seemed fast to me. Thanks to everyone here for their posts and advice prior to the exam.

Jeff

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Jeff,

Doctors do not determine the rating(s) you're assigned, the Rating Activity does that. It specifically states in the VA's Physicians guide to C&P exams that the doctor is to refrain from stating what a disability is to be rated at percentage wise! As far as how long it will be before you receive a decision, that is dependent on many factors, such as how much of a backlog is at your RO, how many issues id a veteran claiming, is the claim fully developed ect...

Vike 17

• HadIt.com Elder

Vike is totally correct. Doctors cannot tell the percentage you will be rated.

You can get a good idea as to the rating once you have gotton a copy of the C@P exam. Take the results and go to www.va.gov. Compensation and pension, directives, schedule for rating disabilities.

Look up the ranges of motion in your back and see where it is on the list. That will be the likely percentage.

If you have any neurological defecits from your back it should be rated separately.This is a little tricky for nerves are rated differently as to incomplete or complete paralysis.

There are several Vets who have done this and have been correct on their ratings.