Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nonionizing Radiation Exposures 1964

Rate this question

Mr.B

Question

I have a freind that was exposed to Nonionizing radiation back in 1964. Is there a program that will help people that has been exposed, but do not know the long term effects of exposures. He worked at a missile radar sight. His antena was maybe ten feet from his building. Dose the VA have any type of programs for these folks. If anyone have any information please give me a shout out. Thank You and GOD BLESS

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Nonionizing radiation (microwaves) have been claimed by some vets to have caused disability due to inservice exposure.

I only found one claim , http://www.va.gov/vetapp95/files3/9512244.txt-

there were more but I went through many and this is the sole claim I found so far for microwave exposure causing a cataract in this veteran's left eye.Service connection was granted but then when he claimed problems and cataract in the other eye, this second claim was denied.

If a veteran develops disability and claims it due to ionizing or nonionizing radiation, they need medical proof of a nexus to their service.

Also the VA or the veteran must find evidence as to how their MOS exposed them and also how much dosage they actually had.

I found veterans who claimed exposure to both kinds of radiation had caused cataracts, sterility,cancer, DNA problems, numerous other disabilities,

yet VA could often not determine actual dosage and in some cases, actual exposure in their records.

What disability does this vet attribute to nonionizing radiation?

Edited by Berta